Are you looking for a position in a fast-paced environment where you can truly make a difference? As an emergency medicine physician at USACS, you will be part of a team dedicated to excellence, clinical autonomy and shared ownership. You will be responsible for treating and stabilizing acutely ill patients with life threatening conditions, while displaying proficiency in basic and critical emergency medicine skills.
Review position details below and apply online:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Physician equity ownership
- Industry leading, company funded retirement (an additional 10% to your 401k)
- Student Loan Refinancing as low as 2.99%
- Claims-Made Medical Malpractice with Tail
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage (single or family)
- Groundbreaking parental paid leave; and flexible self-scheduling for new parents
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Leadership and clinical training opportunities unique to USACS
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
- The support you need to provide the best patient-centered care
This level IV Trauma center serves the Central Texas communities of Smithville, Bastrop, Cedar Creek, and Schulenburg. Hospital services include Respiratory Care, Diagnostic Imaging, Laboratory, Inpatient Physical Therapy, Outpatient Surgical Services, and Inpatient Med Surg Services. STEMIs and traumas needing surgical evaluation or admission are easily transferred with one call to the Seton Transfer Center. Lab and Radiology services are available 24/7. CT scanning is available 24/7, and MRI is available in-house from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- ED Beds: 6
- Patients/Hour: 0.8
- Admission Rate: 6%
- Trauma Designation: Level IV
- Coverage: 12- and 24-hour shifts with 24 hours of physician coverage per day
- Qualifications: BC/BP in Emergency Medicine, or Family Practice/Internal Medicine boards with Emergency Medicine experience
- Documentation: ePowerDoc
The picturesque small town of Smithville proclaims itself to be the “Heart of the Megalopolis,” being conveniently situated between Austin, San Antonio, Houston, and Bryan/College Station. (Austin is just 40 miles to the northwest). Austin-Bergstrom International Airport is just a short drive away, as are the new Formula One race track and gorgeous Buescher and Bastrop State Parks. Smithville itself has much to offer, including a charming historic district, the annual Festival of Light celebration, and an annual five-day Jamboree. In addition, Smithville has attracted its share of Hollywood limelight, having served as the backdrop for a number of movies including the 1998 Sandra Bullock film “Hope Floats.” It was the first city in Texas to receive the Film Friendly City designation from the Texas Film Commission. For more information, visit http://www.smithvilletx.org.