You got into medicine to do one thing: care for patients. You've come to the right place.
Ours is a physician-owned group, the largest in the nation, meaning we have built a model that allows our physicians to focus on our mission: to care for patients. It also means we are built to last, with the size, resources, and opportunities of a national company.
At US Acute Care Solutions you will get ownership in the group, access to the very best post-residency continuing medical education in the nation, and a culture devoted to constant improvement by practicing evidence, science-based medicine. But most importantly, you’ll get colleagues who, as leaders of their own destiny, are committed to a culture of shared ownership over our common goal: outstanding patient care.
THE BENEFITS OF PHYSICIAN OWNERSHIP:
• Equity for all full-time physicians
• Industry-leading, company funded 401k
• Annual CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
• Outstanding Professional development programs
• Student loan refinancing as low as 2.99%
• Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
• Pioneering Paid Military Leave
• Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
• The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
• Location flexibility and stability of a national group
- St. Thomas More Hospital is located in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains at the entrance of the Royal Gorge, in scenic Cañon City, Colorado.
- Our non-profit, faith-based hospital is the cornerstone of health care services for Fremont County and surrounding communities with 24-hour emergency services and a level 4 trauma designation.
- St. Thomas More is a recipient of the Healthgrades 2018 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
- St. Thomas More has been recognized for excellence in hip fracture treatment, total knee replacement, and treatment of sepsis
- 17 bed ED
- 24 hour physician coverage with 11 hour APP coverage
- 7% admit rate
- Specialty backup includes general surgery, orthopedic, pediatrics, OB/Gyn, Urology, and 24/7 in house hospitalists
- Full radiology services and bedside ultrasound in the ED
- Epic EMR
Canon City, with a population of 16,400, is located along the Arkansas River in southern Colorado. At an elevation of 5300' it enjoys a mild climate year round. As the "gateway to the Arkansas River headwaters" outdoor activities are abundant in the area. Area activities include white water rafting, excellent fly-fishing, hunting, mountain biking, rock climbing, hiking, and nearby skiing. Canon City hosts multiple annual festivals in it's many beautiful city parks. Canon City has easy access to the metropolitan areas of Pueblo and Colorado Springs only 45 minutes away, and Denver being 1 1/2 hours away.