As an emergency medicine physician at USACS, you will be part of a team dedicated to excellence, clinical autonomy and shared ownership. You will be responsible for treating and stabilizing acutely ill patients with life threatening conditions, while displaying proficiency in basic and critical emergency medicine skills.
Review position details below and apply online:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Physician equity ownership
- Industry leading, company funded retirement (an additional 10% to your 401k)
- Student Loan Refinancing as low as 2.99%
- CME/BEA (Business Expense Account) - $8,000 first year, then $4,000 annually
- Claims-Made Medical Malpractice with Tail
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage (single or family)
- Groundbreaking parental paid leave; and flexible self-scheduling for new parents
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Leadership and clinical training opportunities unique to USACS
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
- The support you need to provide the best patient-centered care
- 125-bed facility provides Washington County, RI, and New London County, CT, residents a wide array of medical, surgical, diagnostic, laboratory and rehabilitative services using state-of-the-art technology in an intimate community hospital setting
- With more than 130 primary and specialty physicians dedicated to the patients they serve through emergencies to advanced procedures, the hospital serves the entire community with family-centered medical care that's leading edge, yet respectful, compassionate, committed and accountable to its patients
- New technologies and procedures are constantly being added, and the facility continues to develop partnerships with other health providers that will benefit the Hospital and the community.
- Attractive, modern and efficient ED has 14 treatment rooms and 15 beds
- Community-type patient pathology includes some trauma and provides for an admission rate of 13 - 15%
- Well-equipped department includes McKesson Paragon EMR, Ultrasound in ED, Glide Scope
- Active in EMS through affiliation with multiple ambulance services
Westerly has a population of approximately 25,000 and is situated in the southwest corner of the state of Rhode Island, right along the border with Connecticut and along the shore of the Atlantic Ocean. The town is part of the Norwich-New London New England City and Town Area, and is composed of a number of villages offering a variety of housing options. A quiet residential community in the winter. Westerly's population swells with tourists eager to enjoy local beaches, the Narragansett Bay and Rhode Island Sound during the summer months. Other outdoor recreation includes crystal clear ponds with white sand and a freshwater lake, local parks hosting festivals and theatre, and just across the border in Connecticut is the Aquarium at Mystic as well as the Mohegan Sun and Foxwoods casinos. Westerly has been voted one of the top 12 vacation destinations in the United States. A wide variety of quaint shops and restaurants serve residents and visitors year-round. Tourism and textiles make up the majority of Westerly's economic base, though the area is famous for its historical granite trade.
A wide variety of residential options includes much of the I-95 corridor from E. Greenwich, RI, south past Stonington, CT, and the Mystic Seaport area. Metropolitan amenities are nearby with an easy drive to Providence (45 minutes), Boston ( one and a half hours) and New York City (two and a half hours). An Amtrak station in town, and major airports in Providence and Hartford provide many options for travel.
Visit City Data for additional information.