The BHS/BEH Regional Medical Director of Quality is charged with ensuring that our Physicians, Advanced Practice Providers and Support Personnel demonstrate clinical excellence by the consistent commitment to the delivery of the highest caliber medical care, in a safe, effective, patient centered, timely, efficient and equitable manner. In keeping with our mission, vision and values the Quality Program (QP) allows for a consistent, coordinated, evidenced based, and continuous data driven approach to improving site and system performance by focusing on the improvement processes and mechanisms that can alter and address these outcomes. Provide assistance and clinical quality expertise to other regional quality leaders, medical directors, and physicians as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum one year of clinical experience, with emphasis on success or improvement in quality, process, outcomes and coordination of care.
- Proven acumen / passion as it relates to Quality Improvement Process
- Additional course work as determined in Quality Management or Patient Safety
- Excellent verbal / written communication; skilled in presentation abilities; project management abilities
THE BENEFITS OF JOINING OUR GROUP:
- Support through an APP leadership structure at local, regional, and national levels
- APP-focused Alignment and Retention Plan
- Industry-leading and company funded 401k (an additional 10%)
- Highly competitive financial & benefits package
- Yearly CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
- Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
- Industry-leading professional development programs
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
Additional Locations Overseen in This Role
Baptist Emergency Hospitals
Baptist Health System
San Antonio’s Baptist Emergency Hospitals are not freestanding emergency departments, but rather “micro hospitals” offering 24/7 emergency medical care. Each facility is distinguished by offering streamlined admitting procedures, highly qualified physician and medical specialists at every level of care, and the latest diagnostic equipment.
The Northwest Military location is conveniently located along Loop 1604 on the northwest side of San Antonio, with easy access to The University of Texas at San Antonio, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, and the upscale Shops at La Cantera.
- ED Beds: 8
- Patients/Hour: 0.4
- Coverage: 12-hour shifts with 24 hours of physician coverage per day
- Qualifications: BC/BP in emergency medicine preferred; BC/BP in a primary care specialty (FM/IM) accepted with recent emergency medicine experience
- Documentation: Picis
San Antonio is a city rich in history, culture, education and recreation. Residents enjoy all the advantages of life in a large city without sacrificing a sense of community and small-town vibe. Home of the Alamo, the San Antonio Spurs, and the famous River Walk promenade lined with cafes and shops, there is always something of interest to enjoy. Residential opportunities abound with historic, downtown area bungalows, to beautiful established estate homes, suburbs with outstanding public-school systems and rural areas for those preferring wide, open space. In addition to UT at San Antonio, there are numerous colleges and universities.