The BHS/BEH Regional Medical Director of Quality is charged with ensuring that our Physicians, Advanced Practice Providers and Support Personnel demonstrate clinical excellence by the consistent commitment to the delivery of the highest caliber medical care, in a safe, effective, patient centered, timely, efficient and equitable manner. In keeping with our mission, vision and values the Quality Program (QP) allows for a consistent, coordinated, evidenced based, and continuous data driven approach to improving site and system performance by focusing on the improvement processes and mechanisms that can alter and address these outcomes. Provide assistance and clinical quality expertise to other regional quality leaders, medical directors, and physicians as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum one year of clinical experience, with emphasis on success or improvement in quality, process, outcomes and coordination of care.
- Proven acumen / passion as it relates to Quality Improvement Process
- Additional course work as determined in Quality Management or Patient Safety
- Excellent verbal / written communication; skilled in presentation abilities; project management abilities
THE BENEFITS OF JOINING OUR GROUP:
- Support through an APP leadership structure at local, regional, and national levels
- APP-focused Alignment and Retention Plan
- Industry-leading and company funded 401k (an additional 10%)
- Highly competitive financial & benefits package
- Yearly CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
- Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
- Industry-leading professional development programs
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
Additional Locations Overseen in This Role
Baptist Emergency Hospitals
Baptist Health System
North Central Baptist Hospital features separate adult and pediatric emergency departments. Baptist Regional Children's Center features pediatric surgery and anesthesia specialists as well as a PICU. Excellent specialty coverage neurosurgery is available across the five hospitals in San Antonio's Baptist Health System. ED physicians operate with an efficient "split-flow" ED process and enjoy a simple "one call" system for admissions and transfers. NPs and PAs practice independently in the ED, meaning physicians have no APP charts to sign.
Pediatric Emergency Department
- ED Beds: 18
- Patients/Hour: 1.4
- Admission Rate: 9%
- Coverage: 12-hour shifts with 24 hours of physician coverage and 10 hours of NP/PA coverage per day
- Peak-hour physician scribe coverage
- Trauma Designation: Level III
- Qualifications: BC/BP in Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Documentation: Cerner FirstNet
San Antonio is a city rich in history, culture, education and recreation. Residents enjoy all the advantages of life in a large city without sacrificing a sense of community and small-town vibe. Home of the Alamo, the San Antonio Spurs, and the famous River Walk promenade lined with cafes and shops, there is always something of interest to enjoy. Residential opportunities abound with historic, downtown area bungalows, to beautiful established estate homes, suburbs with outstanding public-school systems and rural areas for those preferring wide, open space. In addition to UT at San Antonio, there are numerous colleges and universities.