Outstanding opportunity for a physician with strong interest in working with EM residents and taking their academic career to the next level! The chosen candidate will work closely with an excellent Program Director and faculty who are actively engaged in both education and community service, with a sincere dedication to training the next generation of emergency medicine providers. The Assistant Residency Director will have protected academic and administrative time and will receive a generous stipend.
As an EM physician within USACS, you'll be part of a team unique in today's industry. USACS provides physicians with ownership, unparalleled benefits and the opportunity to practice within a values-based model emphasizing quality, long-term wealth building and a culture of share ownership. USACS physicians enjoy the security and resources of a large, national group without sacrificing the advantages typically found in local EM groups.
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE INCLUDING:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Physician equity ownership
- Industry-leading and company funded retirement (up to $27,500 annually)
- Student loan refinancing as low as 2.99%
- Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave and flexible self-scheduling for new parents
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- CME/BEA (Business Expense Account) $8,000 first year, then $4,000 annually
- Comprehensive full-family medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
- Leadership and clinical training opportunities unique to USACS
- Outstanding Developmental and Risk Management Programs
Dell Seton Medical Center is the only Level I trauma facility serving Central Texas and is an accredited teaching hospital. It is also the fourth-busiest emergency department in Texas. This brand new state-of-the-art facility, opened in May 2017, is recognized as a Certified Stroke Center and has been awarded Magnet Status for nursing excellence. The hospital serves as the primary safety net for the poor and uninsured as well as the primary teaching hospital for the Dell Medical School at the University of Texas at Austin.
- ED Beds: 53
- Observation Beds: 16
- Patients/Hour: 1.9
- Admission Rate: 17%
- Trauma Designation: Level I
- Coverage: 8-, 9-, and 10-hour shifts with 89 hours of physician coverage and 32 hours of NP/PA coverage per day
- Documentation: Cerner/CPOE and PowerNote
Austin is the capital of Texas, but it is better known to many as the “Live Music Capital of the World.” With vibrant entertainment and culture, inspiring cuisine and stunning outdoor settings, it's no wonder that Austin is one of the fastest-growing metropolitan regions in the nation. Nature trails, lakes, parks, and wilderness preserves offer exceptional recreational opportunities. The Austin area’s high-tech industry blends seamlessly with popular events such as the Austin City Limits Music Festival, SXSW, and the Formula One United States Grand Prix. The University of Texas, one of the largest universities in the nation, offers world-class arts and sporting events year round.