As a medical director at USACS, you will be responsible for collaborating with the hospital and nursing leadership while offering support to your physician staff. Not only will you serve as a leader within the emergency room, you will also serve as a leader within the organization. Through our model of shared ownership, you will have an influence on broad company decisions and help facilitate the development of new leaders.
With USACS, you'll be part of a team unique in today's industry. USACS provides physicians with ownership, unparalleled benefits and the opportunity to practice within a values-based model emphasizing quality, long-term wealth building a culture of shared ownership. USACS physicians enjoy the security and resources of a large, national group without sacrificing the advantages typically found in local EM groups.
Prior experience is required to be considered for this position.
Review position details below and apply online:
- Oversee the operations of the ED in collaboration with nursing leadership and hospital administration
- Supervise the EM staff, per the bylaws, policies and procedures of the institution
- Represent the ED in the community and within the hospital medical staff
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE:
- Highly competitive financial/benefits package
- Physician equity ownership for all full-time physicians
- Industry-leading and company funded 401k (an additional 10%)
- Yearly CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
- Student loan refinancing as low as 2.99%
- Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
- Professional development programs
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Builds a culture that exemplifies USACS house rules and personally role models House Rules.
- Creates a diverse and inclusive system culture that embraces accountability.
- Provides leadership, supervision, guidance, and development for staff, articulating and demonstrating an expectation for high performance, as well as continually supporting and exhibiting USACS values.
- Ensures effective performance management, succession planning, talent development, and leadership development and other educational opportunities are provided to enhance the overall capability of the team and contribute to employee engagement and retention.
- Builds and retains an effective team, identifies and provides growth opportunities for staff to expand their scope of influence.
- Coaches and mentors current and future leaders. Ensuring adequate succession planning of both site leadership and medical group senior leadership.
- Establishes a process for and leads the recruitment of qualified medical directors and participates in the recruitment of qualified emergency care providers. • Maintains knowledge of facility human resources (HR) policies and procedures and works with HR and legal teams. • Coaches directors in effective management of HR activities (hiring, firing, disciplinary, etc).
- Identifies and participates in, and/or provides opportunities for ongoing, focused education courses for/by the ED leadership and staff, as appropriate to the staff, patient population and facility needs.
- Participates in content preparation and presentation of new strategies and goals. This may include participation in additional teaching or supervisory responsibilities as they exist in teaching facilities. • Leverages talent tools, data and processes effectively such as NPS and Workday.
Required Education and Experience
- Medical Degree
- Medical Board Certification
- State Medical License ; Federal Medical License Preferred Education and Experience
- EM Residency Training
- ABEM Board Certification – active
- Scholars Program
- 5 + years physician leadership experience The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
- perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
San Antonio's Northeast Baptist Hospital is an award-winning facility conveniently located along I-410 near San Antonio International Airport. Ranked a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital for 2013-14, the hospital offers extraordinary cardiovascular programs, advanced surgery options, and a variety of specialty centers. Emergent PCI and OB services are available onsite, as well as a geriatric psychiatric facility. Excellent specialty coverage (neurosurgery, ophthalmology, hand, etc.) is available across the five hospitals in San Antonio's Baptist Health System. ED physicians operate with an efficient "split-flow" ED process and enjoy a simple "one call" system for admissions and transfers. NPs and PAs practice independently in the ED, meaning physicians have no APP charts to sign.
- ED Beds: 19 (with 2 QuickCare beds)
- Patients/Hour: 2.3
- Admission Rate: 16%
- Trauma Designation: Level IV
- Coverage: 9-, 10-, and 11-hour shifts with 36 hours of physician coverage and 28 hours of APP coverage per day
- 100% physician scribe coverage
- Designated Senior ED area for geriatric patients
- Accredited Chest Pain Center and Primary Stroke Center
- Qualifications: BC/BP in emergency medicine preferred; BC/BP in a primary care specialty (FM/IM) accepted with emergency medicine experience
- Documentation: Cerner FirstNet
San Antonio is a city rich in history, culture, education and recreation. Residents enjoy all the advantages of life in a large city without sacrificing a sense of community and small-town vibe. Home of the Alamo, the San Antonio Spurs, and the famous River Walk promenade lined with cafes and shops, there is always something of interest to enjoy. Residential opportunities abound with historic, downtown area bungalows, to beautiful established estate homes, suburbs with outstanding public-school systems and rural areas for those preferring wide, open space. In addition to UT at San Antonio, there are numerous colleges and universities.