- Manage the operations of the system EDs in collaboration with the site medical directors, nursing leadership and hospital administration
- Oversee supervision of the system's EM staff, per the bylaws, policies and procedures of the institution
- Represent the system EDs in the community and within the hospital medical staff
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE:
- Highly competitive financial/benefits package
- Physician equity ownership for all full-time physicians
- Industry-leading and company funded 401k (an additional 10%)
- Yearly CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
- Student loan refinancing as low as 2.99%
- Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
- Professional development programs
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Builds a culture that exemplifies USACS house rules and personally role models House Rules.
- Creates a diverse and inclusive system culture that embraces accountability.
- Provides leadership, supervision, guidance, and development for staff, articulating and demonstrating an expectation for high performance, as well as continually supporting and exhibiting USACS values.
- Ensures effective performance management, succession planning, talent development, and leadership development and other educational opportunities are provided to enhance the overall capability of the team and contribute to employee engagement and retention.
- Builds and retains an effective team, identifies and provides growth opportunities for staff to expand their scope of influence.
- Coaches and mentors current and future leaders. Ensuring adequate succession planning of both site leadership and medical group senior leadership.
- Establishes a process for and leads the recruitment of qualified medical directors and participates in the recruitment of qualified emergency care providers. • Maintains knowledge of facility human resources (HR) policies and procedures and works with HR and legal teams. • Coaches directors in effective management of HR activities (hiring, firing, disciplinary, etc).
- Identifies and participates in, and/or provides opportunities for ongoing, focused education courses for/by the ED leadership and staff, as appropriate to the staff, patient population and facility needs.
- Participates in content preparation and presentation of new strategies and goals. This may include participation in additional teaching or supervisory responsibilities as they exist in teaching facilities. • Leverages talent tools, data and processes effectively such as NPS and Workday.
Required Education and Experience
- Medical Degree
- Medical Board Certification
- State Medical License ; Federal Medical License Preferred Education and Experience
- EM Residency Training
- ABEM Board Certification – active
- Scholars Program
- 5 + years physician leadership experience The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
- perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
San Antonio’s Baptist Emergency Hospitals are not freestanding emergency departments, but rather “micro hospitals” offering inpatient services as well as 24/7 emergency medical care. Each facility is distinguished by offering streamlined admitting procedures, highly qualified physician and medical specialists at every level of care, and the latest diagnostic equipment.
The busy Zarzamora location is situated on the southwest side of San Antonio.
- ED Beds: 21
- Inpatient Beds: 8
- Admission Rate: 5%
- Coverage: 12-hour shifts with 24 hours of physician coverage per day plus APP support
- Scribe support
- Qualifications: BC/BP in emergency medicine preferred; BC/BP in a primary care specialty (FM/IM) accepted with recent emergency medicine experience
- Documentation: Picis
San Antonio is a city rich in history, culture, education and recreation. Residents enjoy all the advantages of life in a large city without sacrificing a sense of community and small-town vibe. Home of the Alamo, the San Antonio Spurs, and the famous River Walk promenade lined with cafes and shops, there is always something of interest to enjoy. Residential opportunities abound with historic, downtown area bungalows, to beautiful established estate homes, suburbs with outstanding public-school systems and rural areas for those preferring wide, open space. In addition to UT at San Antonio, there are numerous colleges and universities.