EM ultrasound directors at USACS are responsible for providing overall management and education for the use of ultrasound in the ED in collaboration with radiology and hospital administration. As a leader within the organization, you will be tasked with developing an inclusive work environment and establishing a pipeline of talent throughout USACS.
Review position details below and apply online:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Physician equity ownership
- Industry leading, company funded retirement (an additional 10% to your 401k)
- Student Loan Refinancing as low as 2.99%
- CME/BEA (Business Expense Account) - $8,000 first year, then $4,000 annually
- The best medical malpractice
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage (single or family)
- Groundbreaking parental paid leave; and flexible self-scheduling for new parents
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Leadership and clinical training opportunities unique to USACS
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
- The support you need to provide the best patient-centered care
- Well-known for the advancements in healthcare particularly in geriatric medicine, hospice and palliative care, women's health, bariatrics, oncology, orthopedics and cardiology.
- Level 1 Trauma Center, a Certified Chest Pain Center and a Certified Stroke Center. Awarded nursing's highest honor - Magnet® recognition - by the American Nurses Credentialing center. Only six percent of hospitals in the United States are recognized as Magnet®
- Employs more than 5,000 individuals and its patients are served by more than 1,200 members of the medical staff.
- Akron City Hospital is the largest Hospital in the region, located in the heart of Akron Ohio.
- Level I Trauma Center
- 76 Patient Beds
- The ED also offers specialized emergency services for geriatric patients to best treat the area’s growing senior population
- AHA-Accredited Heart Attack Receiving Center with above national average STEMI System response rates.
The largest employer in Akron is Summa Health System which provides jobs to more than 10,700 people. More than 20 distinct neighborhoods are available to residents, and attractions include Firestone Country Club and three performance halls – including Akron Civic Theatre that opened in 1920. Akron is ideally located, with quick access to major cities like Cleveland, Columbus and Pittsburgh. A recent CNBC poll ranks Akron as one of the best cities in the United States for first-time home buyers. Akron was also listed by Business Week magazine as the eighth most affordable place to buy a home in America. Akron city officials are also proud of the arts and culture scene throughout the community, with sites such as the Akron Art Museum, Akron Civic Theatre, Cuyahoga Valley National Park and the Akron Zoo. Annual events include the All-American Soap Box Derby, a WGC-Bridgestone Invitational golf tournament at Firestone Country Club, and a National Hamburger Festival.