Our multi-site group in Pittsburgh, PA is seeking an EM ultrasound fellowship-trained physician to be the EM Ultrasound Director at one of our affiliated hospital EDs
EM Ultrasound Directors at USACS are responsible for providing overall management and education for the use of ultrasound in the ED in collaboration with radiology and hospital administration. As an EM Physician within USACS, you'll be part of a team unique in today's industry. USACS provides physicians with ownership, unparalleled benefits and the opportunity to practice within a values-based model emphasizing quality, long-term wealth building and a culture of shared ownership. USACS physicians enjoy the security and resources of a large, national group without sacrificing the advantages typically found in local EM groups.
The candidate has the option to work at any of the following hospitals:
Nearly every specialty of medicine and surgery is represented in this 164-bed acute care community hospital with a 12-bed ICU. Indiana Regional, one of the few independent healthcare providers in the state, is owned and run by the community, not by the shareholders.
- Services include; Stroke Center, Wound Care Center with two hyperbaric chambers, OB, Joint Replacement Program, pain clinic with advanced modalities, comprehensive sleep disorders lab/program, and advanced neuro-diagnostics lab.
- Comprehensive certified Center for Oncology with IMRT, IGRT, HDR brachytherapy, prostate seed therapy and chemotherapy
- Inpatient geriatric psych and acute rehab units
- Advanced Imaging with PET/CT, MRI, 64-slice CT, nuclear medicine, cath/angio labs and PACS
- ED Volume: 34,000
- Broad pathology with 20% admission rate
- Modern, 23-room ED is very nice and has efficient layout
- Well-equipped including GlideScope and ED ultrasound
- Active EMS program offering medical command and education to a number of local services
Indiana is a centrally located county seat of Indiana County, 60 miles north east of Pittsburgh. Indiana University of Pennsylvania, the largest of the 14 state-owned universities at about 15,000 total enrollment, is the largest employer in the county.
The community is well-known for its quality school system that is highly ranked in the state and has been nationally recognized. There are a great many activities available for residents of Indiana. Outdoor sports include fishing, hunting, golfing, tennis, as well as, swimming, boating, hiking, and camping with a variety of locations. The metropolitan amenities of Pittsburgh and the Pittsburgh International Airport are an easy drive away.