Our multi-site group in Pittsburgh, PA is seeking an EM ultrasound fellowship-trained physician to be the EM Ultrasound Director at one of our affiliated hospital EDs
EM Ultrasound Directors at USACS are responsible for providing overall management and education for the use of ultrasound in the ED in collaboration with radiology and hospital administration. As an EM Physician within USACS, you'll be part of a team unique in today's industry. USACS provides physicians with ownership, unparalleled benefits and the opportunity to practice within a values-based model emphasizing quality, long-term wealth building and a culture of shared ownership. USACS physicians enjoy the security and resources of a large, national group without sacrificing the advantages typically found in local EM groups.
The candidate has the option to work at any of the following hospitals:
- West Penn Hospital is a 308-bed academic medical center that provides emergency services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and inpatient and outpatient care for the full range of medical and surgical conditions
- West Penn is the first hospital in Pittsburgh and western Pennsylvania to achieve Magnet Recognition (2006) and the first to achieve Magnet re-designation (2012) from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- West Penn Hospital's obstetrics program is one of the busiest in the region, with more than 3000 deliveries each year, and its Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit admits about 700 critically ill newborns annually, making it one of the region's largest referral centers
- Primary Stroke Center designation and collaboration with Allegheny General Hospital
- Full cardiac capabilities
- The Allegheny Health Network (AHN) provides for a continuum of care that includes world class treatment in every specialty and sub-specialty
- The Western Pennsylvania Cancer Institute provides the most advanced diagnostic and treatment services for all types of cancer
- Through the Allegheny General Hospital - Western Pennsylvania Hospital Medical Education Consortium, West Penn Hospital sponsors numerous graduate medical education programs
- Established Hospitalist program
- ED Volume: 24,000
- Recently renovated, state-of-the-art Emergency Department
- Efficient layout with 23 private patient treatment rooms (5 in a separate 'rapid-treat' area) and dedicated X-ray and CT rooms in the department
- Broad pathology with high admission rate
- Well-equipped including GlideScope and ED ultrasound
- Computers in each room; physician order entry; Epic EMR; M*Modal charting
- Emergency physicians do not write admitting orders or respond to floor codes
- EMS Medical Command Center with on-site medical coordinator, and EMS teaching opportunity through the Star Center
West Penn is situated in eastern Pittsburgh’s Bloomfield community, adjacent to Shadyside, Squirrel Hill and Oakland, and easily commutable from the city’s most desired residential areas and suburbs. A friendly, hardworking character and sense of pride permeates the region and its unique neighborhoods.
Pittsburgh hosts world class education including universities like Pitt and Carnegie Mellon, plus nationally regarding public and private schools. The city and the region feature dozens of parks and other outdoor recreational attractions including the riverfront and mountains. Pittsburghers are dedicated to their sports teams, including its major-league clubs — the Steelers, Penguins and Pirates. A beautiful downtown Cultural District is home to the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, Pittsburgh Ballet Theater, and Civic Light Opera and numerous theaters and galleries. Other attractions include the Carnegie Museums of Art and Natural History, Andy Warhol Museum, and Carnegie Science Center.