As an EMS director at USACS, you will be responsible for conducting in-service training to support the EMS program at the hospital for EMTs, paramedics, nurses and emergency physicians. We are looking for leaders who are able to plan, organize, direct and coordinate to ensure efficient and effective emergency and ambulatory services. You will also be required to work collaboratively with the medical director and supporting staff to formulate EMS policies and procedures. At USACS, you'll be part of a team unique in today's industry. USACS provides physicians with ownership, unparalleled benefits and the opportunity to practice within a values-based model emphasizing quality, long-term wealth building and a culture of shared ownership. USACS physicians enjoy the security and resources of a large, national group without sacrificing the advantages typically found in local EM groups.
Review position details below and apply online:
- Conducts in-service training to support the EMS program at the hospital for EMTs, paramedics, and emergency physicians
- Provides the quality management oversight of paramedics and EMTs who function under direct medical control of the base hospital
- Participates in and completes EMS care chart audits as specified by the base hospital policy and/or State EMS regulations
- Mercer County’s most comprehensive health system consisting of a 241-bed with 17 satellite centers
- Full-service facility interventional cath lab and responsive radiology service
- Managed by Allegheny Health Network Emergency Medicine Management (AHNEMM), a joint venture created between AHN and USACS.
- As a part of the USACS Integrated Acute Care Services program, USACS also provides hospitalist services at this site, partnering the ED and Hospitalist physicians
- ED Volume: 31,000
- 16% admission rate
- 21 beds with 5-bed fast-track area, 3 trauma bays, 2 behavioral rooms
- Specialized service areas include; EMS Educational Institute, Chest Pain Center, Primary Stroke Center, bedside ED ultrasound and Express Care
- Dedicated X-ray in the department and CT scanner adjacent to the department
- Hazmat decontamination facilities
- USACS’ Physician First physician-in-triage program
- Active in EMS medical command and training
Located just east of Youngstown on the Pennsylvania-Ohio border, Sharon is 70 miles north of Pittsburgh. The area boasts small-town charm with local farm and artisan culture. Sharon is home to local wineries and independent microbreweries, charming local inns and resorts. Residents enjoy varied recreational opportunities with numerous parks and lakes, trails for hiking and biking, and reasonable drives to skiing in New York and Pennsylvania.