As a hospitalist within USACS, you'll be part of team unique in today's industry. USACS provides physicians with ownership, unparalleled benefits and the opportunity to practice within a values-based model emphasizing quality, long-term wealth building and a culture of shared ownership. USACS physicians enjoy the security and resources of a large, national group without sacrificing the advantages typically found in local groups.
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Physician equity ownership
- Industry-leading, company funded retirement
- Student loan refinancing as low as 2.99%
- Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave and flexible self-scheduling for new parents
- Comprehensive full-family medical, dental vision and Rx coverage
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Short and long-term disability (own occupation)
- The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
- Leadership and clinical training opportunities unique to USACS
- Outstanding Developmental and Risk Management programs
Somerset Hospital is a110-bed community hospital situated in a quaint, smaller city in the mountains of Southwestern Pennsylvania approximately one-hour northeast of Pittsburgh. Somerset Hospital has an excellent reputation and maintains strong support from the community, with a patient population of approximately 60,000- 80,000. The hospital presently has a complement of medical/surgical beds, pediatric beds, both an intensive care unit and a coronary care unit, skilled nursing beds, and an adult, adolescent and child neuropsychiatric service with an 18-bed hospital-based unit. Other services include medical oncology, a sleep lab, a dialysis center, a cardiac catheterization laboratory, a pain management program, occupational health, and community education, in addition to emergency medicine. Ancillary services include radiology, laboratory, rehabilitation, cardiopulmonary services, orthopedics, inpatient/outpatient drug and alcohol services and hospice. Somerset Hospital is in the process of becoming a designated stroke center. The hospital is also home to the highly regarded wound care program with two hyperbaric chambers.
- Advanced Practice Provider support 7 days per week.
- Procedural support, although willingness to do/learn procedures is a must.
- Integrated team approach with the Emergency and Hospitalist departments.
- Open 8-bed ICU with Pulmonary/CC back-up, rapid response team and respiratory team.
- Rotating schedule with 15 shifts per month, 12 hour shifts.
- RN Integrated Acute Care Coordinator Onsite M-F
- 18,000 patient visits annually
- Newly renovated 15-room emergency department; ED emergent delivery room onsite
- Moderate, community-type patient pathology with 15% admission rate
- Excellent nursing staff
- McKesson EMR with McKesson Paragon electronic charting
- Equipment includes state-of-the-art cart system and slit lamp
- Active EMS program offering medical command to local services
Somerset is situated in a beautiful, mountainous area in southwest Pennsylvania’s beautiful Allegheny Mountains. Located just off of the Pennsylvania Turnpike, the community affords easy access to the Laurel Highlands region which offers abundant outdoor recreation including the area’s best biking/hiking trails, lakes, rivers, and ski resorts such as Seven Springs, Laurel Mountain and Hidden Valley. Antique shopping, local wineries, covered bridges and a number of historic attractions, festivals, amusement/water parks and more are available locally. With a very reasonable cost of living, a number of school options in a variety of residential options including historic local homes, rural/farm area, and some of eastern Pittsburgh’s desirable suburbs, Somerset is a great place to live and work, and the metropolitan amenities of Pittsburgh and the Pittsburgh International Airport are an easy drive away.