The Associate Medical Director works alongside the Medical Director for the Integrated Acute Care (IAC) Program and its staff at the hospital. Working in collaboration with the team, ensuring the delivery of an effective and efficient patient-centered care, and optimal patient experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Participates in the recruitment of Physicians and APP’s to the practice, including:
- Participates in recruitment activities as required
- Interviews and conducts hospital tours for candidates.
- Follows-up with candidates by phone and email throughout the recruitment process.
- Provides orientation and mentoring to new providers and monitors their compliance with policies and procedures.
- Assists in the supervision and evaluation of clinical, interpersonal, and operational performance of IAC team members.
- Works closely with the IAC Medical Director to:
- Coordinates a fair and equitable provider work schedule that ensures IAC efficiency and maximum productivity.
- Effectively communicates and advocates USACS and hospital’s expectations of providers.
- Participates in regular meetings as needed with administration to review performance of the IAC program.
- Participates as requested to review performance of the team and providers to assist in the professional development and growth of each Physician and APP.
- Assists in creating, reviewing standard policies, procedures and medical protocols regarding patient care.
- Encourages teamwork and participation.
- Investigate as directed complaints concerning providers arising from patients, medical staff, hospital staff or administration.
- Regularly attends assigned committees, as agreed with Medical Director.
- Provides direct patient care at the hospital.
- Ensures timely and accurate submission of charges, properly supported by clinical documentation, to ensure the fiscal integrity of the practice.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of medical records by the providers.
- Assures that the IAC practice operates in compliance with the policies, practices of the hospital, the bylaws, rules and regulations of the medical staff, the standards and recommendations of JCAHO, and applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Works to ensure USACS and hospital achieve and maintain specified targets for effective, efficient care delivery and optimal patient experience.
- Attends USACS meetings as required.
- Is accessible during usual business hours for routine department business and on call and immediately available to respond to problems (or provide an appropriate on-call designee).
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Meets all the qualifications to serve as a practicing physician member of the IAC team
- Career interest and experience in leadership
- Board certified, eligible in IM or FP
- Effective written and interpersonal communication skills desired to motivate others, facilitate effective teamwork, and conflict management
- Active membership and participations in specialty society
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE:
- Highly competitive financial/benefits package
- Physician equity ownership for all full-time physicians
- Industry-leading and company funded 401k (an additional 10%)
- Yearly CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
- Student loan refinancing as low as 2.99%
- Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
- Professional development programs
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
MetroSouth Medical Center (MetroSouth) is a 314-bed, acute care hospital with a blend of private and semi-private rooms. MetroSouth has a network of seven health centers and 40 medical specialties, a nationally-recognized cardiac program, stroke telemedicine with 24 hour neurology coverage, Senior Behavioral Health Unit, Level II+ Birthing Center, and 24 hour laborists and hospitalists coverage.
MetroSouth promotes quality, safe care in a compassionate, patient-focused environment with a medical staff of 450 healthcare professionals. MetroSouth supports health through a full range of diagnostic services, senior care, along with medical and psychosocial support for the chronically ill. MetroSouth is nationally accredited for diagnostic testing for heart, vascular and women’s imaging services, and offers comprehensive home health services. The staff and physicians are committed to create an environment of healing, caring and connection for patients and families in the communities MetroSouth serves.
- Modern, well maintained, comprehensive 28-room ED and a 10-bed Fast Track with an efficient layout
- Broad clinical pathology caseload
- Advanced Primary Stroke Center designation in partnership with Rush Telemedicine Network
- Comprehensive ED sub-specialty coverage
- 24 hour Cardiac Cath Lab
- 14% Admission Rate
- Advanced Practice Provider & RN Coordinator support
- Procedural willingness preferred
- Subspecialty support
- 36 hours of physician coverage per day
- 34 hours of advanced practice provider per day
Founded in 1905 as Saint Francis Hospital, MetroSouth Medical Center (2008) is located in the downtown, historic City of Blue Island, immediately adjacent to the southern end of Chicago and 18 miles south of downtown Chicago. The Chicago Southland region is urban and rural, blue and white collar with an array of desirable options for housing, education, shopping and social activities.
The proximity to Chicago also offers easy access to all the Chicagoland region has to offer – world class shopping, dining, cultural events, professional sports, outstanding educational institutions and convenient access to Midway airport.