The Associate Medical Director works alongside the Medical Director for the Integrated Acute Care (IAC) Program and its staff at the hospital. Working in collaboration with the team, ensuring the delivery of an effective and efficient patient-centered care, and optimal patient experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Participates in the recruitment of Physicians and APP’s to the practice, including:
- Participates in recruitment activities as required
- Interviews and conducts hospital tours for candidates.
- Follows-up with candidates by phone and email throughout the recruitment process.
- Provides orientation and mentoring to new providers and monitors their compliance with policies and procedures.
- Assists in the supervision and evaluation of clinical, interpersonal, and operational performance of IAC team members.
- Works closely with the IAC Medical Director to:
- Coordinates a fair and equitable provider work schedule that ensures IAC efficiency and maximum productivity.
- Effectively communicates and advocates USACS and hospital’s expectations of providers.
- Participates in regular meetings as needed with administration to review performance of the IAC program.
- Participates as requested to review performance of the team and providers to assist in the professional development and growth of each Physician and APP.
- Assists in creating, reviewing standard policies, procedures and medical protocols regarding patient care.
- Encourages teamwork and participation.
- Investigate as directed complaints concerning providers arising from patients, medical staff, hospital staff or administration.
- Regularly attends assigned committees, as agreed with Medical Director.
- Provides direct patient care at the hospital.
- Ensures timely and accurate submission of charges, properly supported by clinical documentation, to ensure the fiscal integrity of the practice.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of medical records by the providers.
- Assures that the IAC practice operates in compliance with the policies, practices of the hospital, the bylaws, rules and regulations of the medical staff, the standards and recommendations of JCAHO, and applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Works to ensure USACS and hospital achieve and maintain specified targets for effective, efficient care delivery and optimal patient experience.
- Attends USACS meetings as required.
- Is accessible during usual business hours for routine department business and on call and immediately available to respond to problems (or provide an appropriate on-call designee).
- QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:__________________________________________________________________
- Meets all the qualifications to serve as a practicing physician member of the IAC team
- Career interest and experience in leadership
- Board certified, eligible in IM or FP
- Effective written and interpersonal communication skills desired to motivate others, facilitate effective teamwork, and conflict management
- Active membership and participations in specialty society
This state-of-the-art facility opened in 2007 and is located in a quickly growing suburban area. The hospital includes 93 beds, plus digital CT, MRI, ultrasound and radiology, as well as wireless instant nurse-to-nurse communication. In 2013 the facility began accepting neurology patients (including strokes, seizures, and neuromuscular disorders) and in 2016 became a Certified Primary Stroke Center. Cedar Park opened a new cath lab in 2013, allowing the hospital to perform interventional cardiology/PCI for STEMIs. The Heart and Vascular Institute opened in 2015, expanding the cath labs and including cardiac/pulmonary rehab. Plans are also under way for pediatric service availability.
- ED Beds: 18, with 4-bed Fast Track
- Patients/Hour: 1.6
- Admission Rate: 17%
- Trauma Designation: Level IV
- Coverage: 10- and 11-hour shifts with 51 hours of physician coverage and 10 hours of NP/PA coverage per day
- Documentation: MEDHOST
The hospital also owns and operates Cedar Park Regional Emergency Center, a freestanding emergency department located in Leander, TX, just a few miles away from the main hospital. The same group of emergency physicians staffs both facilities.
Recent studies have named Cedar Park “Fifth Most Desirable Suburb,” “Third Best City to Move to,” and one of the “Top Safest Cities” in the nation! From a population of just 5,161 in 1990, Cedar Park has exploded in popularity, developing into an urban center of nearly 60,000 residents. Located just north of Austin, Cedar Park offers affordable housing and great schools close to Lake Travis and minutes from downtown. Enjoy the small-town feel with access to big city opportunities! For more information, visit http://www.cedarparkfun.com