The Associate Medical Director works alongside the Medical Director for the Integrated Acute Care (IAC) Program and its staff at the hospital. Working in collaboration with the team, ensuring the delivery of an effective and efficient patient-centered care, and optimal patient experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Participates in the recruitment of Physicians and APP’s to the practice, including:
- Participates in recruitment activities as required
- Interviews and conducts hospital tours for candidates.
- Follows-up with candidates by phone and email throughout the recruitment process.
- Provides orientation and mentoring to new providers and monitors their compliance with policies and procedures.
- Assists in the supervision and evaluation of clinical, interpersonal, and operational performance of IAC team members.
- Works closely with the IAC Medical Director to:
- Coordinates a fair and equitable provider work schedule that ensures IAC efficiency and maximum productivity.
- Effectively communicates and advocates USACS and hospital’s expectations of providers.
- Participates in regular meetings as needed with administration to review performance of the IAC program.
- Participates as requested to review performance of the team and providers to assist in the professional development and growth of each Physician and APP.
- Assists in creating, reviewing standard policies, procedures and medical protocols regarding patient care.
- Encourages teamwork and participation.
- Investigate as directed complaints concerning providers arising from patients, medical staff, hospital staff or administration.
- Regularly attends assigned committees, as agreed with Medical Director.
- Provides direct patient care at the hospital.
- Ensures timely and accurate submission of charges, properly supported by clinical documentation, to ensure the fiscal integrity of the practice.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of medical records by the providers.
- Assures that the IAC practice operates in compliance with the policies, practices of the hospital, the bylaws, rules and regulations of the medical staff, the standards and recommendations of JCAHO, and applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Works to ensure USACS and hospital achieve and maintain specified targets for effective, efficient care delivery and optimal patient experience.
- Attends USACS meetings as required.
- Is accessible during usual business hours for routine department business and on call and immediately available to respond to problems (or provide an appropriate on-call designee).
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Meets all the qualifications to serve as a practicing physician member of the IAC team
- Career interest and experience in leadership
- Board certified, eligible in IM or FP
- Effective written and interpersonal communication skills desired to motivate others, facilitate effective teamwork, and conflict management
- Active membership and participations in specialty society
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE:
- Highly competitive financial/benefits package
- Physician equity ownership for all full-time physicians
- Industry-leading and company funded 401k (an additional 10%)
- Yearly CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
- Student loan refinancing as low as 2.99%
- Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
- Professional development programs
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
- Mercer County’s most comprehensive health system consisting of a 241-bed with 17 satellite centers
- Full-service facility interventional cath lab and responsive radiology service
- Managed by Allegheny Health Network Emergency Medicine Management (AHNEMM), a joint venture created between AHN and USACS.
- As a part of the USACS Integrated Acute Care Services program, USACS also provides hospitalist services at this site, partnering the ED and Hospitalist physicians
- 16% admission rate
- 21 beds with 5-bed fast-track area, 3 trauma bays, 2 behavioral rooms
- Specialized service areas include; EMS Educational Institute, Chest Pain Center, Primary Stroke Center, bedside ED ultrasound and Express Care
- Dedicated X-ray in the department and CT scanner adjacent to the department
- Hazmat decontamination facilities
- USACS’ Physician First physician-in-triage program
- Active in EMS medical command and training
- Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant support 7 days per week.
- Procedures preferred, back up support provided
- RN Integrated Acute Care Coordinator Onsite M-F
- Hospitalist oversees ICU after 5pm, Intensivist on call for support
- 12-bed ICU
- 9-bed CVU
- Intensivist coverage 7am - 5pm, on call 5pm - 7am
- IM Hospitalist manages ICU on nights
- Well-trained nursing staff in the ICU
Located just east of Youngstown on the Pennsylvania-Ohio border, Sharon is 70 miles north of Pittsburgh. The area boasts small-town charm with local farm and artisan culture. Sharon is home to local wineries and independent microbreweries, charming local inns and resorts. Residents enjoy varied recreational opportunities with numerous parks and lakes, trails for hiking and biking, and reasonable drives to skiing in southern New York and Southwest Pennsylvania.