As a Hospitalist Medical Director with USACS, you’ll be responsible for managing hospitalist medicine services by collaborating with the hospital and nursing leadership while offering support to your physician staff. As a leader for both the hospital and US Acute Care Solutions, you will influence broad company decisions and help facilitate the development of new leaders.
With USACS, you'll be part of a team unique in today's industry. USACS provides physicians with ownership, unparalleled benefits, and the opportunity to practice within a values-based model that emphasizes quality. USACS physicians enjoy the security and resources of a large, national group without sacrificing the advantages typically found in local physician groups.
- Oversee hospitalist service operations
- Supervise HM staff, per the bylaws, policies and procedures of the institution
- Represent the staff in the community and within the hospital
- Holy Cross Germantown Hospital is an Integrated Acute Care site, where USACS manages patients in the ED, Hospital Medicine and Critical Care service lines and as a leader you will be part of the IAC leadership team shaping the way care is delivered to these patients
- Holy Cross Germantown Hospital opened in October 2014 to provide high-quality healthcare to the people of Germantown, Maryland, and upper Montgomery County
- The hospital features a full scope of medical services, a 15-bed Intensive Care Unit, and two 30-bed units for all non-intensive care patients equipped with advanced patient monitoring capabilities and a Behavioral Health unit for psychiatric care
- All patient rooms are private and allow 24/7 visiting hours
- Surgical care is available at the hospital across a broad range of specialties
- A full-service radiology department is located next to the emergency for prompt patient assessment. The hospital's advanced imaging technology includes MRI, CT, ultrasound, nuclear medicine, diagnostic and interventional radiology, EKG and echocardiogram
- Comprehensive maternity services include Labor and delivery rooms, cesarean surgical suites, private postpartum rooms and an eight-bed neonatal care unit
- 8 Physician/APP provider hospitalist team
- Average daily encounters: 44
- Team is supported by IAC RN to facilitate operations
- 24-hr Intensivists onsite presence
- Team approach model with Hospitalist, Critical Care and Emergency Department under one IAC Director
The city of Germantown, Maryland straddles Interstate 270 about 26 miles north of Washington, D.C. Germantown is one of the county’s fastest growing communities, with an extensive number of new homes, communities, schools and commercial centers. Whether you are into hiking, camping, gold, visiting galleries, or attending a performance at a theatre, you’ll find it all, and more in Montgomery County. With more than 33,000 acres of parkland in 345 parks, 60 galleries, 22 theaters, 50 historical venues, visitors and residents enjoy superb amenities throughout the year. Germantown's location gives residents quick and easy access to the historic sites of Washington, D.C., and the urban nightlife of Baltimore. Its location is ideal for employment opportunities as well, as residents can find work in one of the nearby cities while residing in the suburban locale of Germantown, where the cost of living is significantly lower. The convenient accessibility and wide array of amenities make Germantown a very desirable place to call home.