The Hospitalist Nurse Practitioner may provide such medical services as directed by his or her supervising physician and keeping with the accepted standards of medical practice and applicable Federal and State statutes and regulations, USACS policies and procedures, Hospital Medical Staff Bylaws, and within his or her Delegation of Privileges granted by the hospital.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Presents himself/herself professionally and courteously to all individuals, including hospital staff and administration, department staff, colleagues, patients, visitors, leadership & management, and the general public.
- The APP shall maintain satisfactory Patient Experience and Quality Scores.
- Participates in appropriate committees/projects as assigned by the Medical Director.
- Participates in appropriate Department quality improvement and utilization review activities as directed by the QI Director and/or the Medical Director of the Department.
- Abides by the Integrated Acute Care Department’s operations manual, policies and procedures.
- Abides by the hospital’s rules and regulations, medical staff Bylaws, credentialing requirements, Delineation of Privileges granted and USACS policies and procedures.
- APP is expected to maintain close and frequent communications with his/her Medical Director and the USACS Management group by use of company e-mail. The clinician is expected to frequent the USACS Portal page regularly to keep abreast of important reports and/or requests contained therein, including, but not limited to, educational items, credentialing notices and action items.
- The APP will follow USACS Code of Conduct and all USACS Compliance Policies and Procedures.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION & LICENSES:
Education, training and experience as required by USACS Policy, Federal and State law, Hospital Bylaws and Policies.
- Must maintain all professional certifications as required by USACS Policy, Federal and State law, Hospital Bylaws and Policies.
- Must maintain all state licenses required to practice medicine and state controlled substance (if required) and DEA registration.
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE:
- Highly competitive financial/benefits package
- Industry-leading and company funded 401k (an additional 10%)
- Yearly CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
- Student loan refinancing
- Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
- Professional development programs
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
- 228-bed hospital
- Part of the Allegheny Health Network (AHN)
- All major specialties are represented including cardiology (non-invasive) and surgical subspecialties
- Responsive lab and x-ray; radiology is adjacent to the emergency department; tele radiology at night
- 24-hour CT and ultrasound; MRI on site
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Telestroke program through Allegheny General Hospital
- Open ICU
- Run Floor Codes and Rapid Response Calls
- Integrated EM and HM team approach with 1 Director over both departments
- Schedule 7pm to 7am
- Admission rate isaround12%
- Recently completed $13 million renovation project for brand new ED with 24 rooms including a 5-room dedicated fast-track
- Active in EMS, 13 local squads, helipad on site
- EMS telemedicine program in which patients are fed from 16 services
- EMS teaching options are available for interested physicians
- Broad pathology includes cardiac, geriatric, medical, orthopedic, and pediatric patients with minimal trauma
- Dedicated, well-trained and experienced emergency nurses
- The New Kensington Urgent Care Center is located at the Citizens Ambulatory Care Center in nearby New It is staffed by the Allegheny Valley Hospital team and is open 8 hours per day/5 days a week with approximately 7,000 annual visits
- Newly-renovated ED
- Case management and Social work available in the ED
Ranked by many sources as one of America’s most livable cities, Pittsburgh is a sophisticated metropolitan area with a hometown feel, and is truly a wonderful place to live and work. From world class museums, theater, symphony and all cultural options, to professional sports (Pirates baseball, Steelers football, Penguin hockey and Riverhounds soccer), outstanding shopping and dining, and easy access to some of the best outdoor recreation in the northeast Pittsburgh has something for everyone. The region continues its renaissance with development of the waterfront and thriving metropolitan areas in town, and highly desirable suburbs with public and private schools ranked among the top 20% in the nation. Secondary education includes the University of Pittsburgh, Carnegie Mellon University, Robert Morris University, and Penn State branch campuses, plus many other smaller colleges.