Hospitalist - Physician
Location: Somerset, PA
ED Volume: 18,000Contact a Recruiter
Are you looking for an exciting and unique career as a hospitalist? With one of the most competitive compensation packages in the market? The opportunity to work with other residency-trained, board-certified physicians who are dedicated to the specialty? Partnership? An unparalleled benefits package? As a USACS Hospitalist, enjoy the security of being a full-time employee and owner with one of the largest physician groups in the nation.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Physician equity ownership
- Industry leading, company funded retirement (an additional 10% to your 401k)
- Student Loan Refinancing as low as 2.99%
- CME/BEA (Business Expense Account) - $8,000 first year, then $4,000 annually
- The best medical malpractice
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage (single or family)
- Groundbreaking parental paid leave; and flexible self-scheduling for new parents
- Leadership and clinical training opportunities unique to USACS
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
- The support you need to provide the best patient-centered care
Somerset Hospital is a 110-bed community hospital situated in a quaint, smaller city in the mountains of Southwestern Pennsylvania approximately one hour north east of Pittsburgh. With a patient population of approximately 60,000-80,000, Somerset Hospital has an excellent reputation and maintains strong support from the community. The hospital presently has a complement of medical/surgical beds, pediatric beds, obstetrics/gynecology beds, nursery cribs, both an intensive care unit and a coronary care unit, skilled nursing beds, and an adult, adolescent and child neuropsychiatric service with an 18-bed hospital-based unit. Other services include medical oncology, a sleep lab, a dialysis center, a cardiac catheterization laboratory, a pain management program, occupational health, and community education, in addition to emergency medicine. Ancillary services include radiology, laboratory, rehabilitation, cardiopulmonary services, orthopedics, inpatient/outpatient drug and alcohol services and hospice.
Patient care is provided at the hospital by a medical staff of senior active physicians including a team of radiologists, a pathologist, and a group of anesthesiologists. Other medical staff physicians serve the hospital through the consulting staff and courtesy staff. An emeritus staff completes the medical staff at Somerset Hospital. In all, 160 physicians and dentists enjoy hospital privileges. Somerset Hospital is a designated stroke center, OB services are excellent, and a highly regarded wound care program based on-site.
- Advanced Practice Provider lending support M-F.
- Procedural support, although willingness to do procedures is a must.
- Integrated EM and HM team approach with 1 Director overseeing both departments.
- Open ICU.
- Schedule is rotating 7 am-7 pm and 7 pm to 7 am.
- 19,000 annual patient visits
- Brand new, beautiful 16-room emergency department to open in late 2015
- Moderate, community-type patient pathology with ~15% admission rate
- Excellent nursing staff
- McKesson EMR with McKesson Paragon electronic charting
- Equipment includes state-of-the-art cart system and slit lamp
- Active EMS program offering medical command to local services
Somerset is situated in a beautiful, mountainous area in southwest Pennsylvania’s beautiful Allegheny Mountains. Located just off of the Pennsylvania Turnpike, the community affords easy access to the Laurel Highlands region which offers abundant outdoor recreation including the area’s best biking/hiking trails, lakes, rivers, and ski resorts such as Seven Springs and Hidden Valley. Antique shopping, local wineries, covered bridges and a number of historic attractions, festivals, amusement/water parks and more are available locally. With a very reasonable cost of living, a number of school options in a variety of residential options including historic local homes, rural/farm area, and some of eastern Pittsburgh’s desirable suburbs, Somerset is a great place to live and work, and the metropolitan amenities of Pittsburgh and the Pittsburgh International Airport are an easy drive away.