The APP may provide such medical services as directed by his or her supervising physician and keeping with the accepted standards of medical practice and applicable Federal and State statutes and regulations, USACS policies and procedures, Hospital Medical Staff Bylaws, and within his or her Delegation of Privileges granted by the hospital.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Presents himself/herself professionally and courteously to all individuals, including hospital staff and administration, department staff, colleagues, patients, visitors, leadership & management, and the general public.
- The APP shall maintain satisfactory Patient Experience and Quality Scores.
- The APP shall comply with the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (“EMTALA,” 42 U.S.C. § 1395dd).
- The APP shall protect the privacy and provide for the security of protected health information (“PHI”) disclosed to them in compliance with all applicable state laws and the Federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, Public Law 104-191 (“HIPAA”), and the regulations promulgated thereunder by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (the “HIPAA Regulations”) and other applicable laws. Employee shall use appropriate safeguards to maintain and ensure the confidentiality, privacy and security of any PHI received, in accordance with the standards and requirements of HIPAA and the HIPAA Regulations and all policies and procedures of USACS and affiliated health facilities, including, without limitation, those that address compliance with HIPAA and the HIPAA Regulations.
- The APP is expected to communicate USACS business information through the USACS e-mail system whenever possible and to utilize the company e-mail system exclusively when communicating PHI or any other material to which the security requirements of HIPAA apply, and to follow standard rules of conduct for email transactions.
- Attends all Department staff meetings unless on-duty in the Department or as otherwise excused by the Medical Director.
- Participates in appropriate committees/projects as assigned by the Medical Director.
- Participates in appropriate Department quality improvement and utilization review activities as directed by the QI Director and/or the Medical Director of the Department.
- Participates in USACS and the Integrated Acute Care Department’s educational activities as required.
- Abides by the Integrated Acute Care Department’s operations manual, policies and procedures.
- Abides by the hospital’s rules and regulations, medical staff Bylaws, credentialing requirements, Delineation of Privileges granted and USACS policies and procedures.
- The APP is responsible for meeting the continuing educational requirements as specified and required by state and/or federal law.
- APP shall obtain and maintain all required licenses, including state license to practice medicine and federal DEA and state controlled substance registrations.
- APP is expected to maintain close and frequent communications with his/her Medical Director and the USACS Management group by use of company e-mail. The clinician is expected to frequent the USACS Portal page regularly to keep abreast of important reports and/or requests contained therein, including, but not limited to, educational items, credentialing notices and action items.
- The APP will follow USACS Code of Conduct and all USACS Compliance Policies and Procedures.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION & LICENSES:
- Education, training and experience as required by USACS Policy, Federal and State law, Hospital Bylaws and Policies.
- Must maintain all professional certifications as required by USACS Policy, Federal and State law, Hospital Bylaws and Policies.
- Must maintain all state licenses required to practice medicine and state controlled substance (if required) and DEA registration.
USACS is currently seeking to fill an IAC Nurse Practitioner at our Sharon Hospital location. Hospitalist medicine experience preferred.
- Mercer County’s most comprehensive health system consisting of a 241-bed with 17 satellite centers and more than 1,750 employees
- Full service facility interventional cath lab and a full-service lab open 24-hours a day
- Administration is committed to the highest quality emergency medicine service
- Outstanding, responsive radiology service includes latest CT technology and MRI and US 24 hours a day
- IAC unit now available
- 35,000 annual ED visits
- 16% admission rate
- 12 bed ICU
- 21 beds with 5-bed fast-track area, 3 trauma bays, 2 behavioral rooms.
- Specialized service areas include, EMS Educational Institute, Chest Pain Center, Primary Stroke Center, bedside ED ultrasound and Express Care
- Dedicated X-ray in the department and CT scanner adjacent to the department
- Hazmat decontamination facilities
- USACS’ Physician First physician-in-triage program 11-hours per day
- Active in EMS medical command and training
- Advanced Practice Provider support 7 days per week.
- Procedures preferred
- Integrated team approach with the Emergency and Hospitalist departments.
- Block schedule; 12 hour shifts.
- RN Integrated Acute Care Coordinator onsite M-F
- 12-bed ICU
- 9-bed CVU
- Intensivist coverage 7 am-7 pm, on call 7 pm -7am
- IM Hospitalist manages ICU on nights
Sharon Regional Health System is situated in Mercer County Pennsylvania’s Shenango Valley on the Pennsylvania-Ohio border, just east of Youngstown. Pittsburgh is just 70 miles to the south, and Erie is 80 miles north. A premier health system, heavy industrial plants, high-tech businesses, over 30 churches of various denominations and a campus branch of one of the state's largest Universities all call Sharon home.
The area boasts small town charm with local farm and artisan culture. Sharon is home the beautiful Avalon Country Club, multiple independent microbreweries, and a variety of local dining and shopping options. There are also local Western PA wineries, with close proximity to the NE Ohio and Eastern NY wine country regions. Throughout Sharon and Mercer counties, there are many other dining and shopping options including a famous shoe store, top-ranked restaurants, and a number of inns and resorts. Local recreation includes numerous parks and lakes, trails for hiking and biking, and reasonable drives to skiing in southern New York and Southwest Pennsylvania.
The Pittsburgh International Airport is less than an hour away, the Akron/Canton Airport is approximately one hour away, and Cleveland’s Airport is an option as well; all offering many convenient flight options and connections.