The Assistant Medical Director works alongside the Medical Director for the Integrated Acute Care (IAC) Program and its staff at the hospital. Working in collaboration with the team, ensuring the delivery of an effective and efficient patient-centered care, and optimal patient experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Participates in the recruitment of Physicians and APP’s to the practice, including:
- Participates in recruitment activities as required
- Interviews and conducts hospital tours for candidates.
- Follows-up with candidates by phone and email throughout the recruitment process.
- Provides orientation and mentoring to new providers and monitors their compliance with policies and procedures.
- Assists in the supervision and evaluation of clinical, interpersonal, and operational performance of IAC team members.
- Works closedly with the IAC Medical Director to:
- Coordinates a fair and equitable provider work schedule that ensures IAC efficiency and maximum productivity.
- Effectively communicates and advocates USACS and hospital’s expectations of providers.
- Participates in regular meetings as needed with administration to review performance of the IAC program.
- Participates as requested to review performance of the team and providers to assist in the professional development and growth of each Physician and APP.
- Assists in creating, reviewing standard policies, procedures and medical protocols regarding patient care.
- Encourages teamwork and participation.
- Investigate as directed complaints concerning providers arising from patients, medical staff, hospital staff or administration.
- Regularly attends assigned committees, as agreed with Medical Director.
- Provides direct patient care at the hospital.
- Ensures timely and accurate submission of charges, properly supported by clinical documentation, to ensure the fiscal integrity of the practice.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of medical records by the providers.
- Assures that the IAC practice operates in compliance with the policies, practices of the hospital, the bylaws, rules and regulations of the medical staff, the standards and recommendations of JCAHO, and applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Works to ensure USACS and hospital achieve and maintain specified targets for effective, efficient care delivery and optimal patient experience.
- Attends USACS meetings as required.
- Is accessible during usual business hours for routine department business and on call and immediately available to respond to problems (or provide an appropriate on-call designee).
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Meets all the qualifications to serve as a practicing physician member of the IAC team
- Career interest and experience in leadership
- Board certified, eligible in IM or FP
- Effective written and interpersonal communication skills desired to motivate others, facilitate effective teamwork, and conflict management
- Active membership and participations in specialty society
- Mercer County’s most comprehensive health system consisting of a 241-bed with 17 satellite centers and more than 1,750 employees
- Full service facility interventional cath lab and a full-service lab open 24-hours a day
- Administration is committed to the highest quality emergency medicine service
- Outstanding, responsive radiology service includes latest CT technology and MRI and US 24 hours a day
- IAC unit now available
- 35,000 annual ED visits
- 16% admission rate
- 12 bed ICU
- 21 beds with 5-bed fast-track area, 3 trauma bays, 2 behavioral rooms.
- Specialized service areas include, EMS Educational Institute, Chest Pain Center, Primary Stroke Center, bedside ED ultrasound and Express Care
- Dedicated X-ray in the department and CT scanner adjacent to the department
- Hazmat decontamination facilities
- USACS’ Physician First physician-in-triage program 11-hours per day
- Active in EMS medical command and training
- Advanced Practice Provider support 7 days per week.
- Procedures preferred
- Integrated team approach with the Emergency and Hospitalist departments.
- Block schedule; 12 hour shifts.
- RN Integrated Acute Care Coordinator onsite M-F
- 12-bed ICU
- 9-bed CVU
- Intensivist coverage 7 am-7 pm, on call 7 pm -7am
- IM Hospitalist manages ICU on nights
Sharon Regional Health System is situated in Mercer County Pennsylvania’s Shenango Valley on the Pennsylvania-Ohio border, just east of Youngstown. Pittsburgh is just 70 miles to the south, and Erie is 80 miles north. A premier health system, heavy industrial plants, high-tech businesses, over 30 churches of various denominations and a campus branch of one of the state's largest Universities all call Sharon home.
The area boasts small town charm with local farm and artisan culture. Sharon is home the beautiful Avalon Country Club, multiple independent microbreweries, and a variety of local dining and shopping options. There are also local Western PA wineries, with close proximity to the NE Ohio and Eastern NY wine country regions. Throughout Sharon and Mercer counties, there are many other dining and shopping options including a famous shoe store, top-ranked restaurants, and a number of inns and resorts. Local recreation includes numerous parks and lakes, trails for hiking and biking, and reasonable drives to skiing in southern New York and Southwest Pennsylvania.
The Pittsburgh International Airport is less than an hour away, the Akron/Canton Airport is approximately one hour away, and Cleveland’s Airport is an option as well; all offering many convenient flight options and connections.