The Assistant Medical Director works alongside the Medical Director for the Integrated Acute Care (IAC) Program and its staff at the hospital. Working in collaboration with the team, ensuring the delivery of an effective and efficient patient-centered care, and optimal patient experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Participates in the recruitment of Physicians and APP’s to the practice, including:
- Participates in recruitment activities as required
- Interviews and conducts hospital tours for candidates.
- Follows-up with candidates by phone and email throughout the recruitment process.
- Provides orientation and mentoring to new providers and monitors their compliance with policies and procedures.
- Assists in the supervision and evaluation of clinical, interpersonal, and operational performance of IAC team members.
- Works closedly with the IAC Medical Director to:
- Coordinates a fair and equitable provider work schedule that ensures IAC efficiency and maximum productivity.
- Effectively communicates and advocates USACS and hospital’s expectations of providers.
- Participates in regular meetings as needed with administration to review performance of the IAC program.
- Participates as requested to review performance of the team and providers to assist in the professional development and growth of each Physician and APP.
- Assists in creating, reviewing standard policies, procedures and medical protocols regarding patient care.
- Encourages teamwork and participation.
- Investigate as directed complaints concerning providers arising from patients, medical staff, hospital staff or administration.
- Regularly attends assigned committees, as agreed with Medical Director.
- Provides direct patient care at the hospital.
- Ensures timely and accurate submission of charges, properly supported by clinical documentation, to ensure the fiscal integrity of the practice.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of medical records by the providers.
- Assures that the IAC practice operates in compliance with the policies, practices of the hospital, the bylaws, rules and regulations of the medical staff, the standards and recommendations of JCAHO, and applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Works to ensure USACS and hospital achieve and maintain specified targets for effective, efficient care delivery and optimal patient experience.
- Attends USACS meetings as required.
- Is accessible during usual business hours for routine department business and on call and immediately available to respond to problems (or provide an appropriate on-call designee).
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Meets all the qualifications to serve as a practicing physician member of the IAC team
- Career interest and experience in leadership
- Board certified, eligible in IM or FP
- Effective written and interpersonal communication skills desired to motivate others, facilitate effective teamwork, and conflict management
- Active membership and participations in specialty society
Nearly every specialty of medicine and surgery is represented in this 164-bed acute care community hospital. Services include:
- Advanced Imaging with PET/CT, MRI, 64-slice CT, nuclear medicine, cath/angio labs and PACS
- Stroke Center
- Comprehensive certified Center for Oncology with IMRT, IGRT, HDR brachytherapy, prostate seed therapy and chemotherapy
- Wound Care Center with two hyperbaric chambers
- Twelve-bed ICU
- Inpatient geriatric psych. and acute rehab. units
- Other services included OB, joint replacement program, pain clinic with advanced modalities, comprehensive sleep disorders lab/program, and advanced neuro-diagnostics lab
- IRMC is financially sound with a very strong balance sheet, and has doubled in net revenues over 8 years. The Board of Directors is composed of community leaders who highly value the hospital’s role in the community, and the importance of remaining independent.
- Open ICU
- New EMR System to be implemented in 2018 - Cerner
- Electronic Medical Records implemented January 2017
- Procedural support
- Integrated EM and HM team approach
- Schedule is rotating 7 am-7 pm and 7 pm -7 am
- Broad pathology with 20% admission rate
- Modern, 23-room ED is very nice and has efficient layout
- Well-equipped including GlideScope and ED ultrasound
- Electronic T-System charting and Meditech EMR
- Active EMS program offering medical command and education to a number of local services
Indiana is a centrally located county seat of Indiana County, 60 miles north east of Pittsburgh. Indiana University of Pennsylvania, the largest of the 14 state-owned universities at about 15,000 total enrollment, is the largest employer in the county. IRMC is the second largest employer with approximately 1,400 currently on the payroll.
The community is well-known for its quality school system that is highly ranked in the state and has been nationally recognized. There are a great many activities available for residents of Indiana. Outdoor sports include fishing, hunting, golfing, tennis, as well as, swimming, boating, hiking, and camping with a variety of locations. The university brings a diversity of cultural events to the community including Division 1 sports. The metropolitan amenities of Pittsburgh and the Pittsburgh International Airport are an easy drive away.