The Hospitalist Nurse Practitioner may provide such medical services as directed by his or her supervising physician and keeping with the accepted standards of medical practice and applicable Federal and State statutes and regulations, USACS policies and procedures, Hospital Medical Staff Bylaws, and within his or her Delegation of Privileges granted by the hospital.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Presents himself/herself professionally and courteously to all individuals, including hospital staff and administration, department staff, colleagues, patients, visitors, leadership & management, and the general public.
- The APP shall maintain satisfactory Patient Experience and Quality Scores.
- Participates in appropriate committees/projects as assigned by the Medical Director.
- Participates in appropriate Department quality improvement and utilization review activities as directed by the QI Director and/or the Medical Director of the Department.
- Abides by the Integrated Acute Care Department’s operations manual, policies and procedures.
- Abides by the hospital’s rules and regulations, medical staff Bylaws, credentialing requirements, Delineation of Privileges granted and USACS policies and procedures.
- APP is expected to maintain close and frequent communications with his/her Medical Director and the USACS Management group by use of company e-mail. The clinician is expected to frequent the USACS Portal page regularly to keep abreast of important reports and/or requests contained therein, including, but not limited to, educational items, credentialing notices and action items.
- The APP will follow USACS Code of Conduct and all USACS Compliance Policies and Procedures.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION & LICENSES:
Education, training and experience as required by USACS Policy, Federal and State law, Hospital Bylaws and Policies.
- Must maintain all professional certifications as required by USACS Policy, Federal and State law, Hospital Bylaws and Policies.
- Must maintain all state licenses required to practice medicine and state controlled substance (if required) and DEA registration.
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE:
- Highly competitive financial/benefits package
- Industry-leading and company funded 401k (an additional 10%)
- Yearly CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
- Student loan refinancing
- Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
- Professional development programs
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
- Mercer County’s most comprehensive health system consisting of a 241-bed with 17 satellite centers and more than 1,750 employees
- Full service facility interventional cath lab and a full-service lab open 24-hours a day
- Administration is committed to the highest quality emergency medicine service
- Outstanding, responsive radiology service includes latest CT technology and MRI and US 24 hours a day
- IAC unit now available
- 16% admission rate
- 12 bed ICU
- 21 beds with 5-bed fast-track area, 3 trauma bays, 2 behavioral rooms.
- Specialized service areas include, EMS Educational Institute, Chest Pain Center, Primary Stroke Center, bedside ED ultrasound and Express Care
- Dedicated X-ray in the department and CT scanner adjacent to the department
- Hazmat decontamination facilities
- Active in EMS medical command and training
- Advanced Meditech
- Advanced Practice Provider support 7 days per week.
- Procedures preferred
- Integrated team approach with the Emergency and Hospitalist departments.
- Block schedule; 12 hour shifts.
- RN Integrated Acute Care Coordinator Onsite M-F
- 12-bed ICU
- 9-bed CVU
- Intensivist coverage 7 am-7 pm, on call 7 pm -7am
- IM Hospitalist manages ICU on nights
Sharon Regional Medical Center is situated in Mercer County Pennsylvania’s Shenango Valley on the Pennsylvania-Ohio border, just east of Youngstown. Pittsburgh is just 70 miles to the south, and Erie is 80 miles north. A premier health system, heavy industrial plants, high-tech businesses, over 30 churches of various denominations and a campus branch of one of the state's largest Universities all call Sharon home.
The area boasts small town charm with local farm and artisan culture. Sharon is home the beautiful Avalon Country Club, multiple independent microbreweries, and a variety of local dining and shopping options. There are also local Western PA wineries, with close proximity to the NE Ohio and Eastern NY wine country regions. Throughout Sharon and Mercer counties, there are many other dining and shopping options including a famous shoe store, top-ranked restaurants, and a number of inns and resorts. Local recreation includes numerous parks and lakes, trails for hiking and biking, and reasonable drives to skiing in southern New York and Southwest Pennsylvania.
The Pittsburgh International Airport is less than an hour away, the Akron/Canton Airport is approximately one hour away, and Cleveland’s Airport is an option as well; all offering many convenient flight options and connections.