The Site Lead APP is responsible for providing leadership of all APP Integrated Acute Care Department staff at a single Integrated Acute Care site. They collaborate with the Medical Director, emergency physicians, hospitalists, skilled nursing facility physicians, hospital and SNF nursing leadership team, and hospital medical staff to ensure the Integrated Acute Care delivery model achieves high‐quality emergency care that evolves to match the needs of the patients, the department, the hospital, and the community. As a leader they are accountable for creating an inclusive work environment, providing recognition, performance coaching and career guidance to the APP team and creating a pipeline of talent for the organization.
Clinical and Service Operations
- Monitor patient experience and patient flow. Design and implement, along with your Medical Director, process improvement strategies to improve and optimize these areas.
- Ensure APP providers are aware of and compliant with departmental, hospital and medical staff policies.
- Address questions or concerns of the APPs or other members of the Integrated Acute Care team in which it relates to the APPs
- Coordinate staffing and scheduling of APPs.
- Perform quality assurance and lead improvement initiatives within the department or support the physician Quality Director in doing so.
- Provide leadership for site APP quarterly meetings.
- Attend all Integrated Acute Care department meetings and quality department meetings if applicable.
- In conjunction with the Medical Director, Supervising Physician and other USACS Leadership, aid in conducting periodic and annual performance evaluations for APPs and coach individual APPs with respect to performance and professional growth.
- Identify and participate in, and/or provide opportunities for ongoing, focused education courses for/by the APP staff, as appropriate to the staff, patient population and facility needs.
- Additional teaching or supervisory responsibilities may exist in teaching facilities.
- Monitor Hospital and SNF‐related regulatory issues and ensure ongoing regulatory compliance.
An essential function of the Site Lead APP is to effectively managing transparency and the communications between various constituencies.
- Serve as the hub of effective & transparent communication between the Apps, and: Medical Director, members of the clinical team, Director of APPs for the region/system, USACS home office, Hospital and Nursing Leadership,
- Investigate and respond to patient complaints or grievances related to patient care of APPs
- Attend all Integrated Acute Care Department meetings and other meetings as directed
- Communicate effectively and consistently with the Medical Director and the Director of APPs
- PA or NP Degree
- NCCPA or Nursing Board Certification
- State PA or NP License
- Federal DEA License and State CDS License
- 2+ APP years of experience
- Leadership Experience either with USACS or previously
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE:
- Highly competitive financial/benefits package
- Industry-leading and company funded 401k (an additional 10%)
- Yearly CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
- Student loan refinancing
- Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
- Professional development programs
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
- 228-bed hospital
- Part of the Allegheny Health Network (AHN)
- All major specialties are represented including cardiology (non-invasive) and surgical subspecialties
- Responsive lab and x-ray; radiology is adjacent to the emergency department; tele radiology at night
- 24-hour CT and ultrasound; MRI on site
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Telestroke program through Allegheny General Hospital
- Open ICU
- Run Floor Codes and Rapid Response Calls
- Integrated EM and HM team approach with 1 Director over both departments
- Schedule 7pm to 7am
- Admission rate isaround12%
- Recently completed $13 million renovation project for brand new ED with 24 rooms including a 5-room dedicated fast-track
- Active in EMS, 13 local squads, helipad on site
- EMS telemedicine program in which patients are fed from 16 services
- EMS teaching options are available for interested physicians
- Broad pathology includes cardiac, geriatric, medical, orthopedic, and pediatric patients with minimal trauma
- Dedicated, well-trained and experienced emergency nurses
- The New Kensington Urgent Care Center is located at the Citizens Ambulatory Care Center in nearby New It is staffed by the Allegheny Valley Hospital team and is open 8 hours per day/5 days a week with approximately 7,000 annual visits
- Newly-renovated ED
- Case management and Social work available in the ED
Ranked by many sources as one of America’s most livable cities, Pittsburgh is a sophisticated metropolitan area with a hometown feel, and is truly a wonderful place to live and work. From world class museums, theater, symphony and all cultural options, to professional sports (Pirates baseball, Steelers football, Penguin hockey and Riverhounds soccer), outstanding shopping and dining, and easy access to some of the best outdoor recreation in the northeast Pittsburgh has something for everyone. The region continues its renaissance with development of the waterfront and thriving metropolitan areas in town, and highly desirable suburbs with public and private schools ranked among the top 20% in the nation. Secondary education includes the University of Pittsburgh, Carnegie Mellon University, Robert Morris University, and Penn State branch campuses, plus many other smaller colleges.