The Hospitalist Nurse Practitioner may provide such medical services as directed by his or her supervising physician and keeping with the accepted standards of medical practice and applicable Federal and State statutes and regulations, USACS policies and procedures, Hospital Medical Staff Bylaws, and within his or her Delegation of Privileges granted by the hospital.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Presents himself/herself professionally and courteously to all individuals, including hospital staff and administration, department staff, colleagues, patients, visitors, leadership & management, and the general public.
- The APP shall maintain satisfactory Patient Experience and Quality Scores.
- The APP shall comply with the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (“EMTALA,” 42 U.S.C. § 1395dd).
- The APP shall protect the privacy and provide for the security of protected health information (“PHI”) disclosed to them in compliance with all applicable state laws and the Federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, Public Law 104-191 (“HIPAA”), and the regulations promulgated thereunder by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (the “HIPAA Regulations”) and other applicable laws. Employee shall use appropriate safeguards to maintain and ensure the confidentiality, privacy and security of any PHI received, in accordance with the standards and requirements of HIPAA and the HIPAA Regulations and all policies and procedures of USACS and affiliated health facilities, including, without limitation, those that address compliance with HIPAA and the HIPAA Regulations.
- The APP is expected to communicate USACS business information through the USACS e-mail system whenever possible and to utilize the company e-mail system exclusively when communicating PHI or any other material to which the security requirements of HIPAA apply, and to follow standard rules of conduct for email transactions.
- Attends all Department staff meetings unless on-duty in the Department or as otherwise excused by the Medical Director.
- Participates in appropriate committees/projects as assigned by the Medical Director.
- Participates in appropriate Department quality improvement and utilization review activities as directed by the QI Director and/or the Medical Director of the Department.
- Participates in USACS and the Integrated Acute Care Department’s educational activities as required.
- Abides by the Integrated Acute Care Department’s operations manual, policies and procedures.
- Abides by the hospital’s rules and regulations, medical staff Bylaws, credentialing requirements, Delineation of Privileges granted and USACS policies and procedures.
- The APP is responsible for meeting the continuing educational requirements as specified and required by state and/or federal law.
- APP shall obtain and maintain all required licenses, including state license to practice medicine and federal DEA and state controlled substance registrations.
- APP is expected to maintain close and frequent communications with his/her Medical Director and the USACS Management group by use of company e-mail. The clinician is expected to frequent the USACS Portal page regularly to keep abreast of important reports and/or requests contained therein, including, but not limited to, educational items, credentialing notices and action items.
- The APP will follow USACS Code of Conduct and all USACS Compliance Policies and Procedures.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION & LICENSES:
- Education, training and experience as required by USACS Policy, Federal and State law, Hospital Bylaws and Policies.
- Must maintain all professional certifications as required by USACS Policy, Federal and State law, Hospital Bylaws and Policies.
- Must maintain all state licenses required to practice medicine and state controlled substance (if required) and DEA registration.
Nearly every specialty of medicine and surgery is represented in this 164-bed acute care community hospital. Services include:
- Advanced Imaging with PET/CT, MRI, 64-slice CT, nuclear medicine, cath/angio labs and PACS
- Stroke Center
- Comprehensive certified Center for Oncology with IMRT, IGRT, HDR brachytherapy, prostate seed therapy and chemotherapy
- Wound Care Center with two hyperbaric chambers
- Twelve-bed ICU
- Inpatient geriatric psych. and acute rehab. units
- Other services included OB, joint replacement program, pain clinic with advanced modalities, comprehensive sleep disorders lab/program, and advanced neuro-diagnostics lab
- IRMC is financially sound with a very strong balance sheet, and has doubled in net revenues over 8 years. The Board of Directors is composed of community leaders who highly value the hospital’s role in the community, and the importance of remaining independent.
- Open ICU
- New EMR System to be implemented in 2018 - Cerner
- Electronic Medical Records implemented January 2017
- Procedural support
- Integrated EM and HM team approach
- Schedule is rotating 7 am-7 pm and 7 pm -7 am
- Broad pathology with 20% admission rate
- Modern, 23-room ED is very nice and has efficient layout
- Well-equipped including GlideScope and ED ultrasound
- Electronic T-System charting and Meditech EMR
- Active EMS program offering medical command and education to a number of local services
Indiana is a centrally located county seat of Indiana County, 60 miles north east of Pittsburgh. Indiana University of Pennsylvania, the largest of the 14 state-owned universities at about 15,000 total enrollment, is the largest employer in the county. IRMC is the second largest employer with approximately 1,400 currently on the payroll.
The community is well-known for its quality school system that is highly ranked in the state and has been nationally recognized. There are a great many activities available for residents of Indiana. Outdoor sports include fishing, hunting, golfing, tennis, as well as, swimming, boating, hiking, and camping with a variety of locations. The university brings a diversity of cultural events to the community including Division 1 sports. The metropolitan amenities of Pittsburgh and the Pittsburgh International Airport are an easy drive away.