Provides highest quality acute medical care in a compassionate, patient-centered manner. Responsible for embracing the cultures of both USACS and the hospital. Adopts professional standards, produces good results by demonstrating respect and collaborating with all team members. Displays passion about the USACS mission to care for patients with a servant’s heart and an owner’s mind.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The selected physician must be willing to support clinic growth by building and maintaining positive relationships with referring physicians and others in the community.
- Clinical duties are performed in an efficient and judicious manner, attending to optimizing the patient’s experience in a manner that yields the highest quality outcomes.
- Provides the most current, cost-effective medical care for all patients.
- Opportunity for clinic/outpatient Pulmonary interaction
- Accountable for contributing to all site-level performance metrics following the work standards of the site. Including, but not limited to: work when scheduled; arrives for clinical shifts and meetings on time; acknowledging personal responsibility when performance falls short and works to improve.
- Contributes to the team by completing all charting and other requested paperwork on time.
- Responds quickly and takes immediate action when confronted with a problem.
- Effectively communicates in a respectful and kind manner with all team members and stakeholders.
- Demonstrates service to others daily.
- Maintains all required certifications and licenses.
- Participates in staff meetings and other forums in a collaborative and engaging fashion.
- Maintains patient privacy and that of peers and medical staff by following all personal electronic device and social media policies (USACS and hospital.)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Board Certified Internal Medicine
- Board Certified / Eligible Pulmonary & Critical Care and in good professional standing.
- Medical Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE:
- Highly competitive financial/benefits package
- Physician equity ownership for all full-time physicians
- Industry-leading and company funded 401k (an additional 10%)
- Yearly CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
- Student loan refinancing as low as 2.99%
- Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
- Professional development programs
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
- Mercer County’s most comprehensive health system consisting of a 241-bed with 17 satellite centers and more than 1,750 employees
- Full service facility interventional cath lab and a full-service lab open 24-hours a day
- Administration is committed to the highest quality emergency medicine service
- Outstanding, responsive radiology service includes latest CT technology and MRI and US 24 hours a day
- IAC unit now available
- 16% admission rate
- 12 bed ICU
- 21 beds with 5-bed fast-track area, 3 trauma bays, 2 behavioral rooms.
- Specialized service areas include, EMS Educational Institute, Chest Pain Center, Primary Stroke Center, bedside ED ultrasound and Express Care
- Dedicated X-ray in the department and CT scanner adjacent to the department
- Hazmat decontamination facilities
- Active in EMS medical command and training
- Advanced Meditech
- Advanced Practice Provider support 7 days per week.
- Procedures preferred
- Integrated team approach with the Emergency and Hospitalist departments.
- Block schedule; 12 hour shifts.
- RN Integrated Acute Care Coordinator Onsite M-F
- 12-bed ICU
- 9-bed CVU
- Intensivist coverage 7 am-7 pm, on call 7 pm -7am
- IM Hospitalist manages ICU on nights
Sharon Regional Health System is situated in Mercer County Pennsylvania’s Shenango Valley on the Pennsylvania-Ohio border, just east of Youngstown. Pittsburgh is just 70 miles to the south, and Erie is 80 miles north. A premier health system, heavy industrial plants, high-tech businesses, over 30 churches of various denominations and a campus branch of one of the state's largest Universities all call Sharon home.
The area boasts small town charm with local farm and artisan culture. Sharon is home the beautiful Avalon Country Club, multiple independent microbreweries, and a variety of local dining and shopping options. There are also local Western PA wineries, with close proximity to the NE Ohio and Eastern NY wine country regions. Throughout Sharon and Mercer counties, there are many other dining and shopping options including a famous shoe store, top-ranked restaurants, and a number of inns and resorts. Local recreation includes numerous parks and lakes, trails for hiking and biking, and reasonable drives to skiing in southern New York and Southwest Pennsylvania.
The Pittsburgh International Airport is less than an hour away, the Akron/Canton Airport is approximately one hour away, and Cleveland’s Airport is an option as well; all offering many convenient flight options and connections.