ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The selected physician must be willing to support clinic growth by building and maintaining positive relationships with referring physicians and others in the community.
- Clinical duties are performed in an efficient and judicious manner, attending to optimizing the patient’s experience in a manner that yields the highest quality outcomes.
- Opportunity for clinic/outpatient Pulmonary interaction
- Maintains all required certifications and licenses.
- Participates in staff meetings and other forums in a collaborative and engaging fashion.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Board Certified Internal Medicine
- Board Certified / Eligible Pulmonary & Critical Care and in good professional standing.
- Medical Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE:
- Highly competitive financial/benefits package
- Physician equity ownership for all full-time physicians
- Industry-leading and company funded 401k (an additional 10%)
- Yearly CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
- Student loan refinancing as low as 2.99%
- Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
- Professional development programs
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
- Mercer County’s most comprehensive health system consisting of a 241-bed with 17 satellite centers
- Full-service facility interventional cath lab and responsive radiology service
- Managed by Allegheny Health Network Emergency Medicine Management (AHNEMM), a joint venture created between AHN and USACS.
- As a part of the USACS Integrated Acute Care Services program, USACS also provides hospitalist services at this site, partnering the ED and Hospitalist physicians
- 16% admission rate
- 21 beds with 5-bed fast-track area, 3 trauma bays, 2 behavioral rooms
- Specialized service areas include; EMS Educational Institute, Chest Pain Center, Primary Stroke Center, bedside ED ultrasound and Express Care
- Dedicated X-ray in the department and CT scanner adjacent to the department
- Hazmat decontamination facilities
- USACS’ Physician First physician-in-triage program
- Active in EMS medical command and training
- Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant support 7 days per week.
- Procedures preferred, back up support provided
- RN Integrated Acute Care Coordinator Onsite M-F
- Hospitalist oversees ICU after 5pm, Intensivist on call for support
- 12-bed ICU
- 9-bed CVU
- Intensivist coverage 7am - 5pm, on call 5pm - 7am
- IM Hospitalist manages ICU on nights
- Well-trained nursing staff in the ICU
Located just east of Youngstown on the Pennsylvania-Ohio border, Sharon is 70 miles north of Pittsburgh. The area boasts small-town charm with local farm and artisan culture. Sharon is home to local wineries and independent microbreweries, charming local inns and resorts. Residents enjoy varied recreational opportunities with numerous parks and lakes, trails for hiking and biking, and reasonable drives to skiing in southern New York and Southwest Pennsylvania.