Iredell Memorial Hospital
- Located 40 miles north of Charlotte
- 247-bed respected community hospital includes 8 ICU, 8 CCU and 32 telemetry/step down beds
- Medical staff of 140 physicians provides full specialty back up except Cardiothoracic Surgery and Neurosurgery
- Cancer and diabetes treatment centers, and Stroke Center certification
- New interventional cardiology program
- Certified Chest Pain Center since 2011
- New ED was built in 2004 and has 29 beds
- Radiology is located immediately adjacent to the ED; CT, VQ, US scans available 24 hours per day
- Emergency Bedside Ultrasound
- Cerner implementation August 2011
- Superior lab and radiology turn-around time
- ED Tracker tracking system includes lab and radiology integration
- Transfers are 45 minutes by ground or 20 minutes by air to Winston-Salem or Charlotte
- Hospitalist and Surgicalist program
The City of Statesville is located in west-central North Carolina in Iredell County, near the foothills of North Carolina at the intersections of interstates 40 and 77. It is 43 miles north of Charlotte and 43 miles southwest of Winston-Salem. Historic neighborhoods, friendly people and small-town charm will greet you at every corner.
Located in a lovely rural area yet convenient to urban amenities in Charlotte and Winston-Salem, history and modern growth blend to enrich today's lifestyle in Statesville. Excellent schools and facilities complement diverse industry, retail, financial, health care and business establishments. Affordable housing and community activities make Statesville a comfortable fit for young and old alike.
Statesville's population is approximately 27,000, the average summer high temperature is 87, the average winter low is 32, and average annual rainfall is 47 inches. The Piedmont Triad Airport is within an hour's drive, as is Charlotte-Douglas International Airport.
For more information, visit City Data.