USACS has nationally recognized innovators and researcher in Emergency Medicine. These individuals regularly contribute to the scientific community through peer-reviewed publications. As we are committed to EM resident education, we would like to share the unique perspective of our physician-scientists and researcher with your residency program through the USACS Journal Club.
Below is a list highlighting some of the higher impact articles that our partners have recently published. Through the USACS Journal Club, we will arrange to have one of the authors of the manuscript of your choice (chosen from the list below), attend your residency journal club to provide their unique insight into their work.
If you are interested, please fill out the information request form below. As with our Speakers Bureau, there is no cost to your program for this as we cover all travel for our providers.
- Galarraga JE, Fohna, WJ, Pines JM. The Impact of Maryland's Global Budget Payment Reform on Emergency Department Admission Rates in a Single Health System. Acad Emerg Med. 2018 Jun 22. doi: 10.1111/acem.13507. [Epub ahead of print]
- Pines JM, Penninti P, Alfaraj S, Carlson JN, Colfer O, Corbit C, Venkat A. Measurement under the Microscope: High Variability and Limited Construct Validity in ED Patient Experience Scores. Ann Emerg Med. 2017 Dec 18. pii: S0196-0644(17)31899-1. doi: 10.1016/j.annemergmed.2017.11.011.
- Mirarchi FL, Cooney TE, Venkat A, Wang D, Pope TM, Fant AL, Terman SA, Klauer KM, Williams-Murphy M, Gisondi MA, Clemency B, Doshi AA, Siegel M, Kraemer MS, Aberger K, Harman S, Ahuja N, Carlson JN, Milliron ML, Hart KK, Gilbertson CD, Wilson JW, Mueller L, Brown L, Gordon BD. TRIAD VIII: Nationwide Multicenter Evaluation to Determine Whether Patient Video Testimonials Can Safely Help Ensure Appropriate Critical Versus End-of-Life Care. J Patient Saf. 2017 Feb 14. doi: 10.1097/PTS.0000000000000357. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 28198722
- Carlson JN, Foster KM, Pines JM, Corbit C, Ward MJ, Hydari MZ, Venkat A, Provider and Practice Factors Associated with Emergency Physicians Being Named in a Malpractice Claim. Ann Emerg Med. 2017 Jul 26. pii: S0196-0644(17)30786-2. doi: 10.1016/j.annemergmed.2017.06.023.
- Connolly SJ, Milling TJ Jr, Eikelboom JW, Gibson CM, Curnutte JT, Gold A, Bronson MD, Lu G, Conley PB, Verhamme P, Schmidt J, Middeldorp S, Cohen AT, Beyer-Westendorf J, Albaladejo P, Lopez-Sendon J, Goodman S, Leeds J, Wiens BL, Siegal DM, Zotova E, Meeks B, Nakamya J, Lim WT, Crowther M; ANNEXA-4 Investigators. Andexanet Alfa for Acute Major Bleeding Associated with Factor Xa Inhibitors. N Engl J Med. 2016 Sep 22;375(12):1131-41. doi:10.1056/NEJMoa1607887. Epub 2016 Aug 30.