NATIONAL DIRECTOR OF OBSERVATION MEDICINE
Reports to: Chief of Integrated Acute Care
Functions of the Director of Observation Services for USACS:
- Oversees the development of observation units throughout the USACS system.
- Oversees observation management at IAC sites.
- Responsible for participating in Clinical Resource Group, National Clinical Governance Board and chair of the observation subcommittee.
- To be a resource to unit leadership in the operations of the observation units.
- Work closely with the APP director of observation services to enhance program development and standardize unit operations.
- Course director of annual observation medicine conference.
- Board certified in Internal Medicine, Family Practice Medicine or Emergency Medicine.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience caring for hospital-based patients.
- Previous administrative experience.
- Maintain active state license.
- Maintain active and up to date ACLS if not EM boarded.
- Maintain active relevant CME in Observation Medicine.
Clinical and Administrative Job Description
- Business development – generate opportunity, gather data, create business model, present opportunity and sell model. Presentations conducted on-site to provide hospital leadership with an understanding of observation medicine and its impact on hospital operations from a financial perspective.
- Assist with the oversight of observation management at IAC locations.
- Implementation & start up: support and training with all key hospital personnel required to startup an observation unit program.
- Initial kick-off meeting onsite with hospital leadership.
- Weekly calls with key hospital personnel during the implementation and start up.
- Provide educational expertise in the training of ED providers.
- Observation academy - quarterly conference to train, develop and educate physician medical director, lead APP’s and nurse managers on the operational components of implementing an observation unit.
- Operations – serve as resource for medical directors and lead APP’s.
- Drive progression of program including development of needed tools
- Manage monthly operations meeting and billing/coding meeting monitoring quality and efficiency of every USACS program.
- Annual observation conference – manage the structure and agenda of annual conference.
Comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Physician equity ownership
- Industry leading, company funded retirement (an additional 10% to your 401k)
- Student Loan Refinancing as low as 2.99%
- CME/BEA (Business Expense Account) - $8,000 first year, then $4,000 annually
- Claims-Made Medical Malpractice with Tail
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage (single or family)
- Groundbreaking parental paid leave; and flexible self-scheduling for new parents
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Leadership and clinical training opportunities unique to USACS
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
- The support you need to provide the best patient-centered care
USACS Traveling Physicians may go to any of our sites where coverage is needed. This includes hospital partners new to USACS, as well as established sites. Current needs include a variety of locations from high acuity to suburban communities. Contact a recruiter today to learn more about this exciting career in the fast lane.