San Antonio, TX 78258
ED Volume: 22,000
Dan Tubbesing MD
North Central Baptist Hospital features separate adult and pediatric emergency departments. Ranked a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital for 2013-14, the hospital offers extraordinary cardiovascular and labor & delivery programs. Emergent PCI and OB services are available onsite, as well as a geriatric psychiatric facility. Excellent specialty coverage neurosurgery is available across the five hospitals in San Antonio's Baptist Health System. ED physicians operate with an efficient "split-flow" ED process and enjoy a simple "one call" system for admissions and transfers. NPs and PAs practice independently in the ED, meaning physicians have no APP charts to sign.
- ED Beds: 22
- Patients/Hour: 2.1
- Admission Rate: 26%
- Coverage: 8-hour shifts with 24 hours of physician coverage and 10 hours of NP/PA coverage per day
- 100% physician scribe coverage
- Trauma Designation: Level III
- Accredited Chest Pain Center and Primary Stroke Center
- Qualifications: BC/BP in emergency medicine preferred; BC/BP in a primary care specialty (FM/IM) accepted with emergency medicine experience
- Documentation: Cerner FirstNet
San Antonio is a city rich in history, culture, education and recreation. Residents enjoy all the advantages of life in a large city without sacrificing a sense of community and small-town vibe. Home of the Alamo, the San Antonio Spurs, and the famous River Walk promenade lined with cafes and shops, there is always something of interest to enjoy. Residential opportunities abound with historic, downtown area bungalows, to beautiful established estate homes, suburbs with outstanding public-school systems and rural areas for those preferring wide, open space. In addition to UT at San Antonio, there are numerous colleges and universities.