North Central Baptist Hospital
North Central Baptist Hospital features separate adult and pediatric emergency departments. Ranked a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital for 2013-14, the hospital offers extraordinary cardiovascular and labor & delivery programs. Emergent PCI and OB services are available onsite, as well as a geriatric psychiatric facility. Excellent specialty coverage neurosurgery is available across the five hospitals in San Antonio's Baptist Health System. ED physicians operate with an efficient "split-flow" ED process and enjoy a simple "one call" system for admissions and transfers. NPs and PAs practice independently in the ED, meaning physicians have no APP charts to sign.
- ED Beds: 22
- Patients/Hour: 2.1
- Admission Rate: 26%
- Coverage: 8-hour shifts with 24 hours of physician coverage and 10 hours of NP/PA coverage per day
- 100% physician scribe coverage
- Trauma Designation: Level III
- Accredited Chest Pain Center and Primary Stroke Center
- Qualifications: BC/BP in emergency medicine preferred; BC/BP in a primary care specialty (FM/IM) accepted with emergency medicine experience
- Documentation: Cerner FirstNet
Enjoy living and working in this exciting, multicultural, metropolitan area. San Antonio is the nation's 7th largest city, offering numerous activities from major theme parks to the five-time NBA champion San Antonio Spurs. The famed River Walk is always a fun choice for dinner, a boat ride, or a leisurely stroll to entertain out-of-town guests. Plus, the Mexican food and Texas barbecue are to die for. Located on the edge of the beautiful Texas Hill Country, enjoy nearby wineries and charming scenic getaways as well. And the sights and sounds of Austin are only about an hour away. Exceptional pay and a low cost of living — plus the opportunity to be a partner in your practice — make this a highly desirable practice location. For more information, visit http://visitsanantonio.com.