Seeking Experienced PA/NP:
At US Acute Care Solutions, you will have the opportunity to practice compassionate, attentive, and quality care with a group that invests in your growth, while valuing and rewarding your expertise. Our Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners work side by side with our physicians as clinical colleagues, with support through their own local, regional, and national APP leadership. As the country’s leading physician-owned acute care group, we understand how important it is to be supported in leadership by your APP colleagues to focus on what’s important: quality patient care.
- Mather Hospital is a respected 248-bed community-based facility situated in Port Jefferson on the north shore of Long Island.
- In addition to being a Stroke Center of Excellence and a Bariatric Center of Excellence with world-renowned bariatric surgeons, Mather provides a full range of services to meet the needs of the region.
- A medical staff of more than 600 represents most major specialties including most surgical subspecialties, dialysis/infusion, wound care and hyperbaric medicine, inpatient psychiatric care for adults and adolescents, pain management, palliative care and much more.
- A hospitalist program has also been implemented and provides coverage 24-hours per day.
- The intensive care unit is staffed 24/7 by full-time critical care specialists.
Port Jefferson is a beautiful coastal community on Long Island’s north shore. The local area includes a quaint business district with numerous shops and restaurants, as well as a variety of residential options and top-rated schools. Easy access is afforded to all of Long Island, and New York City is just 60 miles to the west. The Islip airport is nearby and offers many convenient connections, and JFK and Laguardia airports are within an hour’s drive. A car ferry in town provides easy transportation to Connecticut and New England. Local culture includes theatre, museums and festivals, as well as Division I sports at the local university. Outdoor recreation abounds on Long Island’s famous sandy beaches, with excellent boating and fishing in the Long Island Sound. Long Island’s bucolic north fork is known for award-winning vineyards, farmer’s markets and fruit-picking year-round. A large upscale mall is located in nearby Smithtown, and the hospital is surrounded by numerous idyllic suburban neighborhoods with nationally ranked schools.