As a medical director at USACS, you will be responsible for collaborating with the hospital and nursing leadership while offering support to your physician staff. You will serve as a leader both within the emergency room, and as a leader within the organization. Through our model of shared ownership, you will influence on broad company decisions and help facilitate the development of new leaders.
With USACS, you'll be part of a team unique in today's industry. USACS provides physicians with ownership, unparalleled benefits and the opportunity to practice within a values-based model emphasizing quality, long-term wealth building a culture of shared ownership. USACS physicians enjoy the security and resources of a large, national group without sacrificing the advantages typically found in local EM groups.
Prior experience is required to be considered for this position.
- Oversee the operations of the PED in collaboration with nursing leadership and hospital administration
- Supervise the PEM staff, per the bylaws, policies and procedures of the institution
- Represent the PED in the community and within the hospital medical staff
- 450-bed tertiary full service hospital
- Full service back-up includes neurosurgery, psychiatry, and pediatrics; immediate cardiology response is mandated for emergency cardiac consults; Interventional Cardiac Lab and STEMI Team 24/7
- Hospital received an A rating from the prestigious Leapfrog Group's Hospital Safety Grades
- ED Volume: 100,000
- 22% admission rate representing 68% of total hospital admissions
- High-acuity facility with broad community type pathology including pediatrics, medical, surgical and geriatrics
- Level III trauma center
- ED physicians do not write admitting orders
- 2 CT scanners and multiple US machines located in the ED
- Active Hospitalists facilitate over 90% of medical admissions, including pediatrics
Pediatric Emergency Department
- This leading Florida hospital operates 19 hours a day and offers a 12-bed dedicated facility for pediatric patients
- The pediatric emergency department has a five percent admittance rate and cares for approximately 18,000 patients per year
- All subspecialties are available 24/7 in-house or by transfer agreement
Located on Florida's beautiful Gulf coast, it's easy to understand the popularity of the Tampa Bay area. Offering an ideal climate, miles of beaches as well as convenience to some of the nation's most popular attractions. Tampa residents also enjoy easy access to sporting events, concerts, shopping, fine-dining and cultural events. The public schools consistently rank at the top nationwide, and there are also numerous private school options. Universities, international airport and highly appealing housing options make Tampa the ideal place to call home.