Since 2007, Saint Francis Hospital South has served as a community hospital and is a proud member of the Saint Francis Health System, a comprehensive network providing a full continuum of care.
Saint Francis Hospital South is a 96-bed, not-for-profit community hospital with more than 300 physicians.
Full complement of diagnostic radiology services
Respected and very active OB/GYN service with labor and delivery
With the tremendous growth of Tulsa County and western Wagoner County, the need for a Saint Francis facility closer to the patients in these communities became great. In fact, recent statistics show south Tulsa, Broken Arrow, Bixby and Jenks are among the fastest growing communities in Oklahoma. St. Francis South is ideally located to serve these communities and offer excellent residential options for its physicians. The Tulsa area is a very livable community of approximately 800,000 residents situated in Green County in Northeastern Oklahoma. Tulsa prides itself on its growing economy, beautiful recreational and scenic destinations, and cultural attractions. Downtown Tulsa is a flourishing metropolitan area that still retains the friendliness and close-knit attitude of a much smaller city.
Among the city's many advantages are choices of a variety of schools, businesses, museums, shopping centers, universities and cultural hotspots, making Tulsa a great place to live, work and raise a family. Desirable suburban communities boast beautiful housing options, excellent schools and a reasonable cost of living.
- ED Volume: 22,000
- Broad, community-type patient pathology
- 22% admission rate
- Brand new ED opened in Dec 2019 with 21 beds, 3 triage bays, and dedicated results pending internal waiting room
- On call support with hospitalists, general surgery, urology, OB/GYN, general orthopedics, dedicated hand surgeons, anesthesiology, cardiology, gastroenterology, pulmonology, nephrology, orthopedic spine
- Well-equipped including GlideScope and Ultrasound (Sonosite)
- EPIC EMR and charting with voice recognition
- Emergency physicians do not write admitting orders
- Excellent ACLS certified nursing staff
- Efficient transfer protocols to tertiary medical center, Saint Francis Hospital 7 miles away
- Emergency department is staffed by board certified physicians