- 238-bed full-service, Level 2 community hospital affiliated with St. Peter’s Health Partners
- Full service capabilities with most specialties represented including critical care, medical/surgical inpatient care, maternity services, and behavioral heath
- NY State accredited Stroke Center
- SCPC accredited Chest Pain Center
- Cardiac Catheterization Lab
- Responsive, full service lab and radiology are available 24 hours per day
- 12-bed Intensive Care Unit
- Established hospitalist service provides care for most admissions
- Affiliation with Albany Medical Center provides rotations for emergency medicine residents, fourth year medical students, and PA students affording academic involvement and adjunct faculty appointments for interested EM physicians
- 20% admission rate, representing 60% of total hospital admissions
- Broad community pathology
- Transfer rate ~1% (PICU, trauma, neurosurgery)
- Efficient 27-bed ED includes a dedicated 6 bed fast track area and 3 behavioral health beds
- ED Ultrasound
- Electronic medical record (EMR) and computerized physician order entry (CPOE)
- Charting performed by ED Scribes. Dragon voice recognition dictation is also utilized.
- Highly regarded ED nursing staff
- Full department status
Troy is a suburb of Albany and is situated just minutes away across the river. Home to approximately 150,000 residents, Troy itself is host to a number of local businesses and quaint residential communities. The greater Albany area has a population of approximately 750,000. Albany is considered to be one of the best-kept secrets in the Northeast United States. Situated on the eastern border of the state, the area is located at the convergence of the Hudson and Mohawk Rivers, and is a short drive from the Adirondack, Berkshire and Heldeberg Mountains. Albany is the state capital and is host to abundant local culture including several museums, theaters, and the Pepsi Arena. The Saratoga Performing Arts Center is only 30 minutes away. Tanglewood - the summer home for the Boston Symphony Orchestra and the Boston Pops - is only an hour away. The amenities of New York City, Boston and Montreal are also within a 2½ - 3½ hour drive.
Sports and recreation abound in this thriving community that also boasts the region's most desirable suburbs and schools. Samaritan Hospital is just across from Renssealer Polytechnic Institute, and other respected colleges and universities including Siena College, SUNY-Albany, Sage and Union College are also located in the Capital District area. The beautiful new Albany International Airport is close by and offers direct connections to all major hubs.
Visit City Data for additional information.
Troy, NY 12180-2466