- St. Thomas More Hospital is located in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains at the entrance of the Royal Gorge, in scenic Cañon City, Colorado.
- Our non-profit, faith-based hospital is the cornerstone of health care services for Fremont County and surrounding communities with 24-hour emergency services and a level 4 trauma designation.
- St. Thomas More is a recipient of the Healthgrades 2018 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
- St. Thomas More has been recognized for excellence in hip fracture treatment, total knee replacement, and treatment of sepsis
- ED Volume: 18,000
- 17 bed ED
- 24 hour physician coverage with 11 hour APP coverage
- 7% admit rate
- Specialty backup includes general surgery, orthopedic, pediatrics, OB/Gyn, Urology, and 24/7 in house hospitalists
- Full radiology services and bedside ultrasound in the ED
- Epic EMR
Canon City, with a population of 16,400, is located along the Arkansas River in southern Colorado. At an elevation of 5300' it enjoys a mild climate year round. As the "gateway to the Arkansas River headwaters" outdoor activities are abundant in the area. Area activities include white water rafting, excellent fly-fishing, hunting, mountain biking, rock climbing, hiking, and nearby skiing. Canon City hosts multiple annual festivals in it's many beautiful city parks. Canon City has easy access to the metropolitan areas of Pueblo and Colorado Springs only 45 minutes away, and Denver being 1 1/2 hours away.