As an emergency medicine physician at USACS, you will be part of a team dedicated to excellence, clinical autonomy and shared ownership. You will be responsible for treating and stabilizing acutely ill patients with life threatening conditions, while displaying proficiency in basic and critical emergency medicine skills.
Review position details below and apply online:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Physician equity ownership
- Industry leading, company funded retirement (an additional 10% to your 401k)
- Student Loan Refinancing as low as 2.99%
- CME/BEA (Business Expense Account) - $8,000 first year, then $4,000 annually
- Claims-Made Medical Malpractice with Tail
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage (single or family)
- Groundbreaking parental paid leave; and flexible self-scheduling for new parents
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Leadership and clinical training opportunities unique to USACS
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
- The support you need to provide the best patient-centered care
MetroSouth Medical Center (MetroSouth) is a 314-bed, acute care hospital with a blend of private and semi-private rooms. MetroSouth has a network of seven health centers and 40 medical specialties, a nationally-recognized cardiac program, stroke telemedicine with 24 hour neurology coverage, Senior Behavioral Health Unit, Level II+ Birthing Center, and 24 hour laborists and hospitalists coverage.
MetroSouth promotes quality, safe care in a compassionate, patient-focused environment with a medical staff of 450 healthcare professionals. MetroSouth supports health through a full range of diagnostic services, senior care, along with medical and psychosocial support for the chronically ill. MetroSouth is nationally accredited for diagnostic testing for heart, vascular and women’s imaging services, and offers comprehensive home health services. The staff and physicians are committed to create an environment of healing, caring and connection for patients and families in the communities MetroSouth serves.
- Modern, well maintained, comprehensive 28-room ED and a 10-bed Fast Track with an efficient layout
- Broad clinical pathology caseload
- Advanced Primary Stroke Center designation in partnership with Rush Telemedicine Network
- Comprehensive ED sub-specialty coverage
- 24 hour Cardiac Cath Lab
- 14% Admission Rate
- Advanced Practice Provider & RN Coordinator support
- Procedural willingness preferred
- Subspecialty support
- 36 hours of physician coverage per day
- 34 hours of advanced practice provider per day
Founded in 1905 as Saint Francis Hospital, MetroSouth Medical Center (2008) is located in the downtown, historic City of Blue Island, immediately adjacent to the southern end of Chicago and 18 miles south of downtown Chicago. The Chicago Southland region is urban and rural, blue and white collar with an array of desirable options for housing, education, shopping and social activities.
The proximity to Chicago also offers easy access to all the Chicagoland region has to offer – world class shopping, dining, cultural events, professional sports, outstanding educational institutions and convenient access to Midway airport.