Union Hospital is an award-winning, full-service community hospital located in Elkton, Maryland. Nationally recognized for clinical excellence in the treatment and prevention of disease, the 84-bed facility is dedicated to providing superior, personalized, quality healthcare to its neighbors, families and friends.
- 27 all private rooms
- 17 acute care and 10 urgent care rooms
- 6 overflow rooms used during peak hours
- Convenient access to radiology services with 24hr CT, X-ray and Ultrasound availability
- 34 hours of physician coverage
- 35 hours of APP coverage
- Urgent Care operates 16 hrs per day 7 day per week
- Forensic Nurse Examiners provide care to victims of sexual assault, domestic violence, child and elder abuse.
- Primary Stroke Center Designation
- Bedside Ultrasound available
- EMS Base Station Command
- 2 - 8% PEDs
- 18% admission rate
Since it was founded by Swedish mariners and fishermen in 1694, Elkton has always been a home to watermen and a busy hub of activity both on the Colonial Highway of America, early railways, ferry boats, and today, the nearby I-95 corridor. With excellent schools, bay-front homes, and an easy drive (or train ride) to Philadelphia, Baltimore, Wilmington, and many Atlantic coast parks and beaches, Elkton provides a quiet base from which to launch a wide array of adventures.
The Cecil County Public School System provides an excellent Pre-Kindergarten through graduation learning experience that enables all students to demonstrate the skills, knowledge, and attitudes required for lifelong learning and productive citizenship in an ever-changing global society.
Elkton, MD 21921