Provides non-emergent medical care most typically referred to as urgent care services. With prescription and lab services available on site, the treatment of allergies, asthma, broken bones and sprains, burns, cold and flu symptoms, ear, sinus and respiratory infections, insect and animal bites, stomach viruses, skin rashes and most other non-life threatening injuries, illnesses and conditions can be treated.
- Volume: 8,000
- Owned and operated by Union Hospital
- New facility opened in 2015
- Fully integrated with community providers and the hospital, that means that when a patient comes into the Urgent Care at Principio, if they have a Union Hospital-affiliated doctor or have previously been treated at Union Hospital, their health history is immediately available to those treating them. Any tests conducted at the Urgent Care become a part of their medical records.
- Located next to Union Hospital’s Open MRI & Imaging facility
- Six exam rooms, a full service lab, a triage area for vitals
- Staffed with a physician’s assistant, nurse practitioners and board certified nurses.
- On-call physician available
- Access to Union Hospital staff, patients can be immediately transferred to the Emergency Department at Union Hospital if they need more advanced care.
- Open seven days a week, with evening and weekend hours
The town on the shores of the Susquehanna River played a role in two of our Country's early wars. The ferry and Rodger's Tavern were frequented by troops and travelers heading north and south during the Revolutionary War. During the Civil War, the area became an important staging area and camp for Union soldiers and supplies. George Washington was only one of the famous people who visited the town, which after two name changes became incorporated as Perryville in 1882. Highlights of the area today include Principio Furnace, Perry Point Veteran's Hospital, Rodger's Tavern, the Perryville Train Station, Perryville Outlet Center, Hollywood Casino and a beautiful waterfront park.
Located midway between Philadelphia and Baltimore, this charming small town has something for everyone. Parks with miles of trails, specialty and antique shops, award winning restaurants, and inns. You can hike, bike, camp, bird watch, ride horseback, or drop a fishing line. Catch the action at the casino or at a family fun event. Five rivers, Chesapeake Bay and the C&D Canal can be explored by boat or by land. Experience panoramic views from Turkey Point Lighthouse on a bluff overlooking the Bay, or from the banks of the C&D Canal where ships from around the globe cruise past and under the majestic bridge.