- 125-bed community hospital servicing southern Rhode Island and Southeastern Connecticut
- Part of the Yale New Haven System
- Attractive, modern and efficient ED has 14 treatment rooms and 15 beds
- Community-type patient pathology includes some trauma
- Admission rate of 13-15%
- Active in EMS through affiliation with multiple ambulance services
The coastal city of Westerly is situated on the Atlantic shore along the Connecticut border. The town is part of the Norwich-New London New England City and Town Area, and is comprised of several villages offering an appealing variety of housing options. In addition to local beaches and Rhode Island Sound, you’ll find crystal clear ponds with white sand and a freshwater lake offering ample outdoor recreation. There are also local parks hosting festivals and theatre, and just across the border in Connecticut is the Aquarium at Mystic as well as the Mohegan Sun and Foxwoods casinos. Westerly has been voted one of the top 12 vacation destinations in the United States. A wide variety of quaint shops and restaurants serve residents and visitors year-round. Metropolitan amenities are also convenient with an easy drive to Providence (45 minutes), Boston (one and a half hours) and New York City (two and a half hours). An Amtrak station in town, and major airports in Providence and Hartford provide many options for travel.
Westerly, RI 02891