If you're looking for an inspiring job, you've come to the right place. As a pediatric emergency medicine physician at USACS, you will have the opportunity to touch the lives of children in the emergency department, while working in a fast-paced, tight-knit environment. We are looking for individuals with a passion for pediatric medicine who are interested in joining our model of physician ownership and integrated acute care. With USACS, you'll be part of a team unique in today's industry. USACS provides physicians with ownership, unparalleled benefits and the opportunity to practice within a values-based model emphasizing quality, long-term wealth building and a culture of shared ownership. USACS physicians enjoy the security and resources of a large, national group without sacrificing the advantages typically found in local EM groups.
- 305-bed full-service, Level II Trauma Center
- Full-service capabilities with most specialties represented
- NY State Accredited Stroke Center
- SCPC accredited Chest Pain Center
- Established hospitalist service provides care for most admissions
- Affiliated with New York-Presbyterian Healthcare System
- Major teaching affiliate of the Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons
- ED Volume: 56,000
- Moved into brand new, state-of-the-art hospital in 2016
- New 46-bed ED includes a dedicated 8-bed pediatric ED, 10-bed super track, and 3 secure behavioral health beds
- 20% admission rate, representing 60% of total hospital admissions
- Level II Trauma Center
- Four residency programs (Surgery, Internal Medicine, OB/GYN & Family Medicine)
- Advanced Neuroscience program including 24/7 neurohospitalists
- Transfer rate <1% (Burn, PICU)
Pediatric Emergency Department
- The pediatric department at the Steven & Alexandria Cohen Children’s Institute features a brand-new hospital built in September 2016
- The separate eight-bed pediatric emergency department and the waiting room is the first of its kind between New Haven and New York
- Currently operating from 12pm - 10pm daily
- Pediatric Emergency Department sees 12,000 patients annually.
Coastally located just 35 miles northeast of Manhattan, Fairfield County is unique and diverse. Connecticut’s New England Heritage and proximity to New York City combine to unite Yankee hospitality and charm with metropolitan culture. Previously considered a bedroom community to NYC, Stamford now hosts numerous Fortune 500 companies. Housing options range from urban apartments to spacious suburbs and 200-year old farmhouses. The public schools consistently rank at the top nationwide, and Connecticut also offers more private schools per capita than any other state. Recreational opportunities abound with theatre, concerts and world-class art exhibits. Enjoy snowboarding, hiking and abundant rivers, lakes and 250 miles of shoreline for your water sport interests.