- 275-bed acute care hospital is part of the Adventist HealthCare System
- Medical staff of over 1,000 physicians
Located just 22 miles north of Washington, D.C., Rockville’s wealth of restaurants, parks, galleries, museums, theaters and historic sites make it a very popular location for families, businesses and young professionals alike. Montgomery County is consistently rated highly among the nation’s public-school systems. Rockville residents enjoy the lifestyle of a close-knit community lifestyle with easy access to the amenities of Washington, D.C.
ICU Volume: 22
- ED Volume: 40,000
- 66-bed ED
- 61 hours of Physician coverage and 43 hours of APP coverage
- Cerner EMR System
- CT Scanner and X-ray suite dedicated to ED patients
- 24-hour radiology reads and ultrasound
- Average Daily Encounters: 180
- 26 Physician/APP provider hospitalist team
- Dedicated Nocturnist
- 24-hr Intensivists onsite presence
- The team is supported by IAC RN to facilitate operations
- Block scheduling
- Team approach model with Hospitalist, Critical Care and Emergency Department under one IAC Director
- Annual Volume: 2,000
- Palliative Medicine and Supportive Care Consultation service.
- Full-time Hospice and Palliative Medicine board-certified physician.
- Full-time Nurse Practitioner.
- Full-time Palliative Social Worker dedicated to psychosocial and emotional support to patients and families.
- Part-time Palliative Care Chaplain for spiritual support to patients and families.
- Annual Volume: 8,000
- 18-bed Observation Unit exclusively for emergency medicine patients
- Average patient length of stay <20 hours
- National observation program support and oversight
Pediatric Emergency Department
- PED sees approximately 15,000 children each year
- The Pediatric ED is supported by pediatric medical and surgical specialist including surgeons, radiologists and anesthesiologists