Allegheny Valley Hospital
- 228-bed hospital
- All major specialties are represented including cardiology (non-invasive) and surgical subspecialties
- Responsive lab and x-ray; radiology is situated adjacent to the emergency department; teleradiology at night
- 24-hour CT and ultrasound; MRI on site
- Awarded National Health Care Rating for clinical quality for eight years in a row, placing us in the top 1% in the nation for outstanding clinical quality
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Telestroke program through Allegheny General Hospital
- Joint venture created with AHN to provide Emergency Medicine services
- 28% admission rate, representing 67% of total hospital admissions
- Active in EMS, 13 local squads, helipad on site
- Broad pathology includes cardiac, geriatric, medical, orthopedic, and pediatric patients with minimal trauma
Ranked by many sources as one of America’s most livable cities, Pittsburgh is a sophisticated metropolitan area with a hometown feel, and is truly a wonderful place to live and work. From world class museums, theater, symphony and all cultural options, to professional sports (Pirates baseball, Steelers football, Penguin hockey and Riverhounds soccer), outstanding shopping and dining, and easy access to some of the best outdoor recreation in the northeast (Laurel Mountains, water sports on Pittsburgh’s famous Three Rivers, Youghiogheny River white water, and more), Pittsburgh has something for everyone.
The region continues its renaissance with development of the waterfront and thriving metropolitan areas in town, and highly desirable suburbs with public and private schools ranked among the top 20% in the nation. Secondary education includes the University of Pittsburgh, Carnegie Mellon University, Robert Morris University, and Penn State branch campuses, plus many other smaller colleges. Travel is convenient with easy access to Interstates 70, 76 and 79, and the beautiful new Pittsburgh International Airport is a US Airways hub offering excellent flight choices.
Visit the hometown locator for additional information.