Carteret Health Care
- 35-bed community hospital situated in an attractive coastal setting
- Responsive back-up represents most specialties
- State of the art equipment includes latest technology: 64 slice CT scanners, MRI (24-hour availability, rapid turnaround), and Ultrasound (24-hour availability, rapid turnaround), Telemedicine for Stroke and Psychiatry, and ED bedside Ultrasound program. All radiological services and equipment are ACR accredited
- Facility has a progressive focus on outpatient services and has brought many services to the local population not generally found in a community this size, including an outpatient oncology clinic, Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Center, Carolinas Center for Joint and Spine, family/child health programs, and a wide variety of special evaluation services
- 52 million-dollar expansion is well underway with completion set for July 15th! This state of the art expansion will include a new Heme/Oncology center, dialysis unit, a diagnostic cath lab, new CCU, new patient care rooms, and a new café
- 20% admission rate, representing 82% of total hospital admissions
- Primary Stroke Center
- Broad patient pathology, high acuity
- 21,000 sq. ft. ED facility completed in July 2002, which includes 13 acute care beds, a 5-bed observation area and a 6-bed fast track unit
- Forerun Electronic Documentation System with back up dictation available 24 hours per day.
- Outstanding Mid-Level support
- Excellent nursing staff is predominantly TNCC, ACLS, BTLS and PALS certified
- 3:1 nursing ratio provides for attentive available staff
- Active EMS in area with medical direction for the county based in the Carteret ED
- ED expansion planned to include a new locked behavioral health unit, patient treatment spaces, and offices.
Morehead City is known both as a stunning resort community as well as a major deep-water port city. It is located on the Inter-Coastal Waterway and is part of Carteret County, which has a local population of over 65,000. Carteret General Hospital is situated in the heart of Morehead City, overlooking the 25 miles of uninterrupted beach that composes Emerald Isle. Carteret County boasts an educational system that is ranked one of the best in the state on EOG and SAT scores. Its mild climate and scenic beauty – including a total of over 81 miles of spectacular sandy beaches make it an amazing place to live, work, relax and vacation. Popular outdoor activities include surfing, scuba diving, kayaking, canoeing, nature trails, bicycling, camping, golfing and horseback riding. Deep-sea and pier fishing are among the best in the country. Also, Carteret County is a premier scuba dive location due to the incredible variety of sea life and shipwrecks so close to the coast. It is fondly referred to as the “Graveyard of the Atlantic”.
Carteret Health Care
Morehead City, NC 28557-2901