In addition to 24-hour emergency services, CHI St. Joseph Grimes Hospital is a 25-bed critical access hospital offering a Level IV trauma center, 24-hour laboratory, imaging, ultrasound, cardiovascular studies, 24-hour CT scans, bone density, cardiopulmonary, minor surgical procedures, pulmonary rehabilitation, nutritional counseling, physical and occupational therapy, a behavioral health unit, and general acute and skilled care. The renovated Emergency Department includes a larger waiting area, 24-hour registration, a central nurses’ station, two triage rooms, and 5 patient rooms. The hospital recently been re-approved for Stroke and Trauma designation.
Navasota is located 20 minutes south of Bryan/College Station and 60 minutes northwest of Houston. Just 6 miles west is the Washington-on-the-Brazos State Park, the site where the Texas Declaration of Independence was signed.
- ED Volume: 6,000
- ED Beds: 5
- Patients/Hour: 0.8
- Admission Rate: 2%
- Trauma Designation: Level IV
- Coverage: 12- and 24-hour shifts with 24 hours of physician coverage per day
- Qualifications: BC/BP in Emergency Medicine, or BC/BP in a primary specialty (Family Medicine or Internal Medicine) with recent experience and current ATLS, ACLS, and PALS certifications
- Documentation: Picis CPOE EMR
- On-site workout facility available for staff