You got into medicine to do one thing: care for patients. You've come to the right place.
Ours is a physician-owned group, the largest in the nation, meaning we have built a model that allows our physicians to focus on our mission: to care for patients. It also means we are built to last, with the size, resources, and opportunities of a national company.
At US Acute Care Solutions you will get ownership in the group, access to the very best post-residency continuing medical education in the nation, and a culture devoted to constant improvement by practicing evidence, science-based medicine. But most importantly, you’ll get colleagues who, as leaders of their own destiny, are committed to a culture of shared ownership over our common goal: outstanding patient care.
THE BENEFITS OF PHYSICIAN OWNERSHIP:
• Equity for all full-time physicians
• Industry-leading, company funded 401k
• Annual CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
• Outstanding Professional development programs
• Student loan refinancing as low as 2.99%
• Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
• Pioneering Paid Military Leave
• Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
• The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
• Location flexibility and stability of a national group
- 238-bed full-service community hospital affiliated with St. Peters Health Partners
- Located in close proximity to Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Full service capabilities with most specialties represented including critical care, medical/surgical inpatient care, maternity services, pediatrics and behavioral heath
- NY State Accredited Stroke Center
- Cardiac Catheterization Lab
- Responsive, full service lab and radiology are available 24 hours per day
- 24-bed Intensive Care Unit
- Hospitalist service provides care for most medicine admissions
- State of the art new 44 bed ED opened in December, 2017
- 20% admission rate, representing 60% of total hospital admissions
- Transfer rate ~1% (PICU, trauma, neurosurgery)
- Efficient 44-bed ED includes 6 behavioral health beds
- APP in Triage 12 hours/day helps efficiently manage patient flow
- ED Ultrasound
- Electronic medical record (EMR) and computerized physician order entry (CPOE)
- Charting performed by ED Scribes. Dragon voice recognition dictation is also utilized
- Highly regarded ED nursing staff
Troy is a suburb of Albany and is situated just minutes away across the river. Home to approximately 150,000 residents, Troy itself is host to a number of local businesses and quaint residential communities. The greater Albany area has a population of approximately 750,000. Albany is considered to be one of the best-kept secrets in the Northeast United States. Situated on the eastern border of the state, the area is located at the convergence of the Hudson and Mohawk Rivers, and is a short drive from the Adirondack, Berkshire and Heldeberg Mountains. Albany is the state capital and is host to abundant local culture including several museums, theaters, and the Pepsi Arena. The Saratoga Performing Arts Center is only 30 minutes away. Tanglewood - the summer home for the Boston Symphony Orchestra and the Boston Pops - is only an hour away. The amenities of New York City, Boston and Montreal are also within a 2½ - 3½ hour drive.
Sports and recreation abound in this thriving community that also boasts the region’s most desirable suburbs and schools. Samaritan Hospital is just across from Renssealer Polytechnic Institute, and other respected colleges and universities including Siena College, SUNY-Albany, Sage and Union College are also located in the Capital District area. The new beautiful Albany International Airport is close by and offers direct connections to all major hubs.