Indiana Regional Medical Center
Located 60 miles north east of Pittsburgh, this independent 164-bed acute care community hospital, celebrated its’ 100th anniversary in 2014. It is the sole community provider for this college town and the surrounding rural county. IRMC has been named to the Fortune 100 list of Best Places to Work and has been selected 15 other times as a Best Place to Work, including the #1 Best Place to Work in Pennsylvania, and was named the #2 Best Place to Work in Healthcare in Modern Hospital’s inaugural national survey. Nearly every specialty of medicine and surgery is represented on the active medical staff, with the large majority in private practice. Services include:
- Advanced Imaging with PET/CT, MRI, 64-slice CT, nuclear medicine, cath/angio labs and PACS
- Stroke Center
- Comprehensive certified Center for Oncology with IMRT, IGRT, HDR brachytherapy, prostate seed therapy and chemotherapy
- Wound Care Center with two hyperbaric chambers
- Twelve-bed ICU
- Inpatient geriatric psych. and acute rehab. units
- Other services included OB, joint replacement program, pain clinic with advanced modalities, comprehensive sleep disorders lab/program, and advanced neurodiagnostics lab
- IRMC is financially sound with a very strong balance sheet, and has doubled in net revenues over 8 years. It has been recognized twice by Healthcare Executive magazine as one of the fastest growing hospitals in the country, and this is despite no growth in service area population or local industry. The Board of Directors is composed of community leaders who highly value the hospital’s role in the community, and the importance of remaining independent.
- Open ICU.
- Integrated EM and HM team approach with 1 Director over both departments.
- Schedule is rotating 7 am-7 pm and 7 pm to 7 am.
- Broad Pathology with 20% admission rate
- Modern, 23-room ED is very nice and has efficient layout
- Well-equipped including GlideScope and ED ultrasound
- Electronic T-System charting and Meditech EMR
- Active EMS program offering medical command and education to a number of local services
Indiana is a centrally located county seat of Indiana County, 60 miles north east of Pittsburgh. The county’s population is about 89,000 and stable, with a concentration of about 23,000 in and around the borough of Indiana. Indiana University of Pennsylvania, the largest of the 14 state-owned universities at about 15,000 total enrollment, is the largest employer in the county. IRMC is the second largest employer with approximately 1,400 currently on the payroll.
The community is well-known for its quality school system that is highly ranked in the state and has been nationally recognized. There are a great many activities available for residents of Indiana. Outdoor sports include fishing, hunting, golfing, tennis, as well as, swimming, boating, hiking, and camping with a variety of locations. The university brings a diversity of cultural events to the community including Division 1 sports. The metropolitan amenities of Pittsburgh and the Pittsburgh International Airport are an easy drive away.
Indiana Regional Medical Center
Indiana, PA 15701-0788