Nearly every specialty of medicine and surgery is represented in this 164-bed acute care community hospital with a 12-bed ICU. Indiana Regional, one of the few independent healthcare providers in the state, is owned and run by the community, not by the shareholders.
- Services include; Stroke Center, Wound Care Center with two hyperbaric chambers, OB, Joint Replacement Program, pain clinic with advanced modalities, comprehensive sleep disorders lab/program, and advanced neuro-diagnostics lab.
- Comprehensive certified Center for Oncology with IMRT, IGRT, HDR brachytherapy, prostate seed therapy and chemotherapy
- Inpatient geriatric psych and acute rehab units
- Advanced Imaging with PET/CT, MRI, 64-slice CT, nuclear medicine, cath/angio labs and PACS
- 7 Physician/APP provider hospitalist team
- Average daily encounters: 32
- Team is supported by IAC RN to facilitate operations
- Open 12- bed ICU
- Integrated EM and HM team approach
- Block schedule
- ED Volume: 35,000
- Broad pathology with 20% admission rate
- Modern, 23-room ED is very nice and has efficient layout
- Well-equipped including GlideScope and ED ultrasound
- Active EMS program offering medical command and education to a number of local services
Indiana is a centrally located county seat of Indiana County, 60 miles north east of Pittsburgh. Indiana University of Pennsylvania, the largest of the 14 state-owned universities at about 15,000 total enrollment, is the largest employer in the county.
The community is well-known for its quality school system that is highly ranked in the state and has been nationally recognized. There are a great many activities available for residents of Indiana. Outdoor sports include fishing, hunting, golfing, tennis, as well as, swimming, boating, hiking, and camping with a variety of locations. The metropolitan amenities of Pittsburgh and the Pittsburgh International Airport are an easy drive away.