- 370 Beds
- A medical staff of nearly 400 physicians
- More than 40 specialties including:
- Comprehensive inpatient and outpatient surgical services
- Cardiovascular Institute
- Cancer Institute
- Orthopaedic Institute
- Women and Infants Center
- Women's Diagnostic Center
- Sleep Disorders Center
- Wound Care Center and Therapy Services
- Spiritual care and comprehensive Behavioral Health Services are also available.
- A $17.5 million surgical suite was recently completed and features a state-of-the-art, minimally-invasive, peripheral vascular suite and minimally-invasive suites for orthopedics and general surgery.
- Jefferson Hospital was the first hospital in Pennsylvania to be designated by the American Heart Association as a Mission: Lifeline Heart Attack Receiving Center. More than 5,000 open-heart procedures and more than 21,000 cardiac catheterizations have been performed at Jefferson’s Heart Institute.
- Jefferson Hospital has won numerous awards in recent years in the areas of stroke and cardiac care including HealthGrades Cardiac Surgery Excellence and Vascular Care Excellence Awards, Solucient – Top 100 Hospitals: Stroke Benchmarks for Success and Intensive Care Units, and HealthGrades Stroke Excellence Award.
- ED Volume: 48,000
- Broad Pathology with 36% admission rate
- Modern, 28-bed ED has three sections with separate work stations central to treatment rooms
- 12-bed Clinical Decision Unit
- Well-equipped including GlideScope and Sonosite ultrasound machine
- Active EMS program offering medical command and education/grand rounds to a number of local services
- Stroke Center telemedicine
- Only complicated pediatric cases are transferred
- Excellent diagnostic radiology services include Generation CT, MRI and 24-hour ultrasound
- EPIC is used as the medical recording system
- 24 hr mental health therapist and separate mental health observation area
Jefferson Hills is situated in Pittsburgh’s South Hills proximate to a number of desirable residential areas. Jefferson Hills, Pleasant Hills, Mt. Lebanon, Upper St. Clair and Bethel Park boast excellent schools and a wide variety of housing ranging from historic homes to new construction in urban neighborhoods to rural settings. Downtown Pittsburgh is minutes away and the area provides the full range of recreational and cultural options including professional sports, world-class dining and shopping, riverside trail network and watersports, plus the mountains of the Laurel Highlands just a short drive away. Pittsburgh International Airport is close by, and the South Hills has a modern commuter rail system. Pittsburgh has been named one of America’s most livable cities many times.