Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
Scott Miner MD, FACEP
- 246 bed facility located on the western boarder of the Denver metroplex
- Open for over 100 years
- All specialties available including thriving stroke care and cardiovascular care
- Numerous specialized programs including Human Motion Institute (Orthopedic), Comprehensive Cancer Center, Senior Service Line, Women and Family Center
- Strong, collaborative hospital program
- ED Volume: 65,000
- 15% admission rate with broad pathology
- Newly renovated department with 54 private rooms and 3 major resuscitation bays
- All diagnostics modalities available 24/7/365
- Radiology available 24/7
- System wide use of Epic EMR
- Robust call panel
Wheat Ridge is located in central Colorado, less than 15 minutes from Downtown Denver. The City operates under a Council-Manager form of government with an elected mayor and two Council members from each of the four districts.
There is one high school, two middle schools, seven public elementary schools, and six private schools that are part of the Jefferson County R-1 school system, which has some of the highest equivalency test scores in the nation for grades 1-12.
With more than 300 blue-sky days per year, more than San Diego or Miami Beach, Wheat Ridge has something for everyone, there are 24 parks, 274 acres of open space, four lakes and more than seven miles of nationally recognized trail along Clear Creek, not to mention the 70,000 square foot Recreation Center and an Active Adult Center.