The new Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital serves 1.35 million residents from all over South Los Angeles. It is in the medically underserved Second District of the County of Los Angeles. The 131-bed hospital provides general acute care and features a 29-bed emergency department, critical care unit, and labor and delivery services.
- On-call services include General Surgery, Neurology, Gynecology, Orthopedics (including spine), Pulmonary, and Reconstructive Surgery.
- Cerner EMR System
MLK, Jr. Community Hospital is located in the medically underserved Second District of the County of Los Angeles. Los Angeles offers a multitude of cultural and entertainment options. Choose from the Hollywood Bowl, Greek Theater, Huntington Library or Getty Museum. The hospital is located just 10 miles from Downtown, LAX airport and several beaches.
- 20 Bed Med/Surg ICU
- Average Daily Census – 8 per physician per day
- 12 hour day shifts, 12 hour night shifts
- Closed ICU
- 24 hours of intensivist coverage
- ED Volume: 82,000
- 29-bed Emergency Department
- Average daily encounters: 16-18
- 9 hospitalists during day shifts (12hr shifts)
- 2 hospitalists during night shifts (12hr shifts)
- 1 NP/PA on during the day (7a-7p)
- Must be comfortable doing rapid responses/codes
- VEP staffs the Intensivist program - 24 hours of ICU coverage
- On call services include: General surgery, Neurology, Gynecology, Orthopedics (including spine), Pulmonary, and Reconstructive surgery.
- Approximately 4,000 obs patients/year