Mission Trail Baptist Hospital opened in 2011 to serve the residents of southeast San Antonio. The environmentally friendly facility features natural light in patient rooms, native plants and water conservation measures. In additional to traditional hospital services, the campus features specialty support such as The Joint Club and Baptist Breast Center. Excellent specialty coverage (neurosurgery, ophthalmology, hand, etc.) is available across the five hospitals in San Antonio's Baptist Health System, as well as adult and geriatric psychiatric facilities. ED physicians operate with an efficient "split-flow" ED process and enjoy a simple "one call" system for admissions and transfers.
- ED Volume: 56,000
- ED Beds: 17 ED beds with 4 additional Fast Track beds
- Patients/Hour: 2.4
- Admission Rate: 11%
- Trauma Designation: Level IV
- Coverage: 8, 9, and 10-hour shifts with 40 hours of physician coverage and 30 hours of NP/PA coverage per day
- 100% physician scribe coverage
- Qualifications: BC/BP in emergency medicine preferred; BC/BP in a primary care specialty (FM/IM) accepted with emergency medicine experience
San Antonio is a city rich in history, culture, education and recreation. Residents enjoy all the advantages of life in a large city without sacrificing a sense of community and small-town vibe. Home of the Alamo, the San Antonio Spurs, and the famous River Walk promenade lined with cafes and shops, there is always something of interest to enjoy. Residential opportunities abound with historic, downtown area bungalows, to beautiful established estate homes, suburbs with outstanding public-school systems and rural areas for those preferring wide, open space. In addition to UT at San Antonio, there are numerous colleges and universities.